Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Take it with a grain of salt

Take it with a grain of salt

While I usually don't step in anymore when I see so many people arguing and creating public unrest and attack threads. I will say this. The moderators could theoretically be replaced as a dime a dozen. However, if you have a continual bone to pick with authorities what is to keep you happy 24/7 with whoever they choose? While I agree that some of them take it upon themselves to really push against people who have a history of problematic posts, they do not take action to "ban" you. While the community forums in the past have had their share of people with attitude problems, a new group of users have joined our community. keep in mind that like any forum that expresses problems and issues, there will be people who don't get along. That being said, there is an issue where threads that dont agree with Cze" or "complain in the public eye" get deleted/closed. They are within their right to close it down if it or the posters push to hard. If you have major problems with what is going on and are unable to cope and want a direct response, use the contact button and open a ticket. That being said, I would hope if those individuals dial back, that the moderators not stereotype and mark them off as problematic. Sure, some people can not be reasoned with... those individuals that are that hellbent on tearing down the community probably shouldn't remain a part of our community. Just give each other a chance and take a breather every once and awhile then address the situation with cooler heads.
    ReaperTyrant ★★★ (14)
    Champion 628
    Level 1 Judge

The problem is that the only threads getting deleted/users getting banned are those with complaints against Cryptozoic.

No actions are being taken against those users attacking them for complaining.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusChristMD View Post
    The problem is that the only threads getting deleted/users getting banned are those with complaints against Cryptozoic.

No actions are being taken against those users attacking them for complaining.
    I think you're misunderstanding. People don't have an issue with people complaining or expressing concerns. The issue is HOW they complain and issue them. Most of the threads complaining are threads that form their complaint in a vitriolic manner, or threads that are repeating the same exact message numerous other threads have already hammered the point.

Regurgitating info we already know, to accomplish some sort of self gratification because someone agrees with you isn't what anyone wants to see if its issued in a rude manner that accomplishes nothing. THAT is why those threads and users get banned.

If some of those users would actually take the time, they'll notice plenty of existing threads where they can express their discontent. But poorly expressed hate filled ones and troll ones aren't needed.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Required has no baring on whether or not a post should be posted.

The issue, again, is how they are getting BANNED and posts deleted yet no one who trolls them gets in any trouble at all.

As for all of these threads that exist for them to complain in....where are they? Interesting how they do not exist anywhere on the first couple pages.

I would like to point out that a large number of the threads are either CoC violations, or so close that they are barely distinguishable.

It isn't some crusade to protect CZE, it is a crusade to stop brainless trolling and keep people here in good moods.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I would like to point out that a large number of the threads are either CoC violations, or so close that they are barely distinguishable.

It isn't some crusade to protect CZE, it is a crusade to stop brainless trolling and keep people here in good moods.
    Again : Those are not things that should determine whether a poster gets banned.

Your idea of "brainless trolling" as you put it, is customers frustrated with a product not coming anywhere near expected results.

And as for being in a good mood...since when is every post supposed to make people feel surrounded by kittens and puppies?

Who cares about the CoC, certainly not the mods of this forum when they selectively apply it.

Master Theorycrafter
    Required has no baring on whether or not a post should be posted.

The issue, again, is how they are getting BANNED and posts deleted yet no one who trolls them gets in any trouble at all.

As for all of these threads that exist for them to complain in....where are they? Interesting how they do not exist anywhere on the first couple pages.
    I think the issue is the misconception of trolling. Pointing out to a forum user who has posted their comment in non constructive or hateful ways, that no one wants to see that, or that the post was created for the wrong reasons, isn't "trolling" for one. They aren't trying to bug or get a rise out of the original poster. They typically want the original poster to just stop posting the same content or question over and over again until they get a response, or for them to not do it in a rude way.

As for the existing threads excuse, there is good reason they aren't on the front page. Because most of the forum base have already discussed these points extensively, the thread lost traction and didn't go anywhere, and because cryptozoic has been extremely transparent with the community on their progress with the game and their future vision. Most of these issues can be learned about in the sticky posts, or a simple forum search.
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Wall of text - tl;dr.

Make some dot points!

Master Theorycrafter
    Again : Those are not things that should determine whether a poster gets banned.

Your idea of "brainless trolling" as you put it, is customers frustrated with a product not coming anywhere near expected results.

And as for being in a good mood...since when is every post supposed to make people feel surrounded by kittens and puppies?
    Once again, we don't need others to be surrounded by "kittens and puppies" BUT the "customers" frustrated are voicing their discontent in the wrong manner. CZE has been more than transparent about what is going on, they never issued a promise, and the development process of the game is still in its early stages. It's not like the game has been released, and beyond missing the estimated date for the alpha/beta, they really have no grounds for complaints.

In short, they aren't going to find sympathy here, were all in the same boat, and if they really have an issue with it, they can directly contact CZE and express their issues there, or ask for a refund.