Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $2.5 Million BUY BETTER SERVERS

So this is the problem with too many noobs in the forums. You try and make suggestions and people just bash other people. I have stated multiple times I understand this is alpha, I understand there are things called stress tests. Though most alpha's I have been in there will be a stress test hour or stress test day. They will turn off all side servers aside from one and see how much traffic it can take before it cant handle it. The problem is people arent even able to get into the game at all to even help contribute to the alpha. I have beta'd and alpha'd many games and I am currently developing my own game, I know a little bit about the industry. I am not gods gift to computers or game development and I was just making suggestions and pointing out areas that need improving, which is the POINT of an alpha. To get suggestions and feedback from the community, so everybody get off their high horse and just let them accept the criticism.

Also about first post where I mentioned adding new features such as LAN/offline play. I didnt say hey by the NEXT UPDATE you should have this. It was merely a suggestion for down the road. Because once again, this is an ALPHA and they are here to get SUGGESTIONS and CRITICISMS from the community.

The entire point right now is to get the code optimized to have the smallest possible footprint. Running everything on a very small server allows them to find the hang ups and optimize the shit out of them. Once everything is running as smoothly as possible on the limited server infrastructure then they can scale up. Having servers that can power through your unoptimized code is not a good thing. Because that is unsustainable in the long run when you're talking amount millions of potential users.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Once again, this is why I hate even trying to suggest improvements, people who dont know what they are talking about just bashing the person who are trying to make suggestions just so they can try and look like they are a little drone to the developer. stop trying to suck up, and just let me post an improvement suggestion.

There's only one person in this thread that I can see who doesn't know what they're talking about...
    Amatyr, Grand King + Collector

Right now they are so overloaded that people cant even get into their game to play it. I highly doubt that is intentional, and like I said, most alpha's i have played, which is quite a few, its only for like an hour when they shut down all but one or a few servers to stress test. right now its not helping because they cant get data because nobody can get in to let them know their suggestions. stop being a little fan boy.

You realize you wrote a title that suggests that the best way to solve a problem is that they throw money at it? IN ALL CAPS AND YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
    There's only one person in this thread that I can see who doesn't know what they're talking about...
    +1
    Grand King Tier Supporter
    IGN: Matsu

Quote Originally Posted by dachewster99 View Post
    Right now they are so overloaded that people cant even get into their game to play it. I highly doubt that is intentional, and like I said, most alpha's i have played, which is quite a few, its only for like an hour when they shut down all but one or a few servers to stress test. right now its not helping because they cant get data because nobody can get in to let them know their suggestions. stop being a little fan boy.
    Complaining that nobody listens to you is hypocritical at best because you are directly insulting other users: "noobs"; "stop being a little fan boy" (examples). Why would they take you seriously?

That being said, everyone, please be civil.

Gigantisaur
    It is funny. You can almost map out what happens to the forums when new players are let in.

As everyone has already stated, this is Alpha. Now I know some people deem being let into a game as " The game should be working perfectly because they let me in", but that is just not the case. As far as expertise goes, well we can review some history of online gaming.

Blizzard releases Worlds of Warcraft: The game hic ups and disconnects players for the first week of play. This is Blizzard that did this on a "Release". Not Alpha, Not Beta, but a release of a game. When players have paid money for a product, not a donation. To this day, Blizzard still has times within the game where the servers do not work as intended.

Alpha phase and Beta is about optimizing the servers to a point where hopefully most of the headaches are avoided and gone when the game actually releases. Now if you want to complain about the content release time table and how things appear to be running at a very slow pace, then you might have a more valid complaint.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

I would just like to point out that there will never be offline/LAN play while Hex servers are online (and going down for maintenence doesn't count.) As long as Hex is alive and well, they will not support any kind of offline storage of cards or account assets, nor will they support any offline play.

I don't see why you would need it in this day and age anyway - I can make my 3G phone into a tethering point just about anywhere, you could host a 'LAN' party with internet no problem - and I know, it isn't the point of LAN, but the point is you would be playing the game.

So, sadly for those who want it, offline play won't happen.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png