Thread: Incantation of Fear, Righteousness, Savagery ignore summoning sickness

Incantation of Fear, Righteousness, Savagery ignore summoning sickness

I've had experience against players with each of those constants where they had one put into play as a constant and then on the same turn transformed them and attacked without summoning sickness (i.e. they already had existing incantations in play). Seeing as the card played normally without transforming same turn would have summoning sickness, I'm assuming no summoning sickness upon a transformation of the same turn played is a bug.

This has already been reported and discussed. Constants don't get summoning sickness (or whatever the Hex equivalent of that Magic the Gathering term is). So if you convert a constant into a troop, it won't have summoning sickness either.

We don't know for sure if this is a bug or just how constants are meant to work. We need CZE to chime in on this behavior to let us know, as it could be working as intended.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

It's not a bug. Constants don't get summoning sickness, as ossuary mentioned. And a transformed creature never "enters" play. The constant entered play then became a creature--so no sickness.
    Editor-in-chief of FiveShards.com
    In-game: GPrime
    Livestream: twitch.tv/gprimetv
    Twitter: twitter.com/gprimetv

Everything has summoning sickness in Magic the Gathering and considering how similar most of the rulings are in Hex, i would assume that this is a bug and the constants transformed into troops on the same turn they were played should not be able to attack.

I would consider they would still have summonning sickness if they were transformed same turn they were played.

As it's a transform, rather then a play, sickness doesn't account for it (assuming Transforms after the turn u played the constant). All transforms match that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalist View Post
    I would consider they would still have summonning sickness if they were transformed same turn they were played.

As it's a transform, rather then a play, sickness doesn't account for it (assuming Transforms after the turn u played the constant). All transforms match that so far.
    This was specifically what I was referring to. Yes, the whole constant transformation has been discussed, but same turn is another issue entirely.