Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Homebrew DBG

Quote Originally Posted by AaronH
    Force Field is persistent and only costs 3, so it has a better cost-to-VP ratio than locations. Locations are fantastic cards, but I still think you are misunderstanding how they are balanced....
    Condescending, much? I think that Locations are too powerful as they are in DC1 (especially since persistent abilities are rare in DC DBG), so I'm going to adjust their function and/or Power cost for the game I am trying to make. I think you're misunderstanding exactly what balance is. Especially since we're talking about theoretical homebrew games that may or may not ever get made.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
    Force Field is persistent and only costs 3, so it has a better cost-to-VP ratio than locations. Locations are fantastic cards, but I still think you are misunderstanding how they are balanced....
    Force Field really isn't the same type of card, though. Sure, if you look shallowly at it, technically it says "Ongoing". But if you look at it more in-depth, it doesn't do things repeatedly like a location does since you have to discard it after you use it's Ongoing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    Condescending, much? I think that Locations are too powerful as they are in DC1 (especially since persistent abilities are rare in DC DBG), so I'm going to adjust their function and/or Power cost for the game I am trying to make. I think you're misunderstanding exactly what balance is. Especially since we're talking about theoretical homebrew games that may or may not ever get made.
    Not at all, I believe I've said before that it's your homebrew and you're more than welcome to do whatever it is you want (the last time you asked for advice about Locations). You're the one asking for advice, don't get huffy just because you don't like what you hear.

As for balance, what I'm saying is that, just like the last time you asked about Locations being too powerful, I think (as in, my opinion, just as I specified last time) that you are mistaken about how powerful they are compared to some of the other cards. I don't think Locations are an element of the game that needs to be changed.

Not at all, I believe I've said before that it's your homebrew and you're more than welcome to do whatever it is you want (the last time you asked for advice about Locations). You're the one asking for advice, don't get huffy just because you don't like what you hear.

As for balance, what I'm saying is that, just like the last time you asked about Locations being too powerful, I think (as in, my opinion, just as I specified last time) that you are mistaken about how powerful they are compared to some of the other cards. I don't think Locations are an element of the game that needs to be changed.
    Aaron, re-read this post you just made, and then try to re-convince yourself that you aren't being condescending.

On the balance side of things, I agree with your conclusion. I believe Locations are actually underpowered in the new game and they got the power level right in the old game. (I will admit that the new way is not always a nerf with all of the manipulation and powers like the Batgirl power, however, overall I would say the new Locations still tend to be weaker.) JMO.

I have made 5 different homebrew deck using Cerberus.
    I made...
    1. Marvel
    2. X-Men
    3. Mortal Kombat + 1 expansion
    4. The Expendables
    5. Devil May Cry + 1 expansion

All have been tested and mix perfectly with official decks.

I would love to see Cryptozoic make this a reality. A Harry Potter deck builder with the Cerberus engine would be fantastic, and the property has plenty of material for expansions. Definitely a wealth of material and a for-sure money-maker for Cryptozoic. However, Rowling and Warner Bros. are notoriously stingy with their licensing (and honestly, I can't blame them) and it may be more of a hassle than Cryptozoic would want to deal with. If they could pull it off they would have a real winner on their hands, though.

I'd be very curious to hear Matt's thoughts on this.
    There is also, unfortunately, already a Harry Potter DBG. I agree that it deserved the Cerberus treatment, but given this fact, it is doubtful that it would happen, even if the rites-holders were on board...