Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealed Tournament Bug Report Thread

With tournaments not even loading a lot of the time I have to agree. Deck quality may go down a bit, but if we can get more games launching for testing purposes that seems good. The timer between sealed matches should be lowered a lot if not removed completely as well. Just for testing purposes. Both the deck creation timer and cool down can be put back as they are as soon as tournaments are consistently finishing.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I build my deck in two minutes, then go play another game until it finally launches, if it does. Xenavire is right, this is testing, not deck building skills.

As others have stated, its about quantity, not quality atm to finally squash this bug. Not everyone has dual-monitors and powerful computers to multitask at the same time (I do fortunately and use my laptop as well when need be) to be. So if you alleviate some of the time commitment, you in turn will get more people committing due to less time used.
    Last edited by swigmonkey; 02-18-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Tournament 2020.

Deckbuilding and Round 1 went fine, except for the single match displaying 0-9 error. In round two, my opponent had to leave. He forfeited game 1, then the game went back to the deckbuilding screen. After saving my deck it tried to start game 2, but got a "could not start" error. I'm guessing my opponent must have closed Hex as soon as he forfeited the first game in the match, but now the rest of the tournament is stuck in limbo, as our match can't complete (unless, presumably, I forfeit).

The 30 minute timer serves a greater purpose in alpha than it does when the game is live. Without a timer, people will just quit when they get a weak pool. When the game is monetized, if people quit they've still spent money and opened packs so CZE still wins.
    Watch me on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendakor View Post
    The 30 minute timer serves a greater purpose in alpha than it does when the game is live. Without a timer, people will just quit when they get a weak pool. When the game is monetized, if people quit they've still spent money and opened packs so CZE still wins.
    However, while games aren't starting at all, you are forced to forfiet (regardless of pool quality) and then you cannot requeue for upwards of 10 minutes. I wonder, does the timer start at deckbuilding, or at the creation of the first round? I feel like it might be the first round, I have been partway through the first round and still had a timer for a good 10 minutes after everything failed.

Anyway, the point is that wasted time is wasted testing - I almost always see people LFM sealed.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

2031 - Not a serious bug but after I beat a player 2-1, it showed the match record as 6-1.

EDIT: Came close to finishing, but third round failed to start.
    Last edited by JacketJoe; 02-18-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendakor View Post
    Why would a person quit because of a weak pool? What do they gain from a strong pool?

OMG CONGRATZ YOU WON!!! what will you do now??

Since winning has "0" purpose with no reward system, why not learn how to play the game when you get a bad pull?

I do not think as many people as you think would just restart because of a bad pool.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Why would a person quit because of a weak pool? What do they gain from a strong pool?

OMG CONGRATZ YOU WON!!! what will you do now??

Since winning has "0" purpose with no reward system, why not learn how to play the game when you get a bad pull?

I do not think as many people as you think would just restart because of a bad pool.
    Well, people might quit because a bad pool is not fun, and they lose nothing by quitting. It is a two way street.

I do think you are closer though, just saying there is another possibility.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    How many people are doing this though? Versus how many people are abusing the system by going AFK?

That shouldn't even be a factor actually, thats a pet peeve. The real issue is testing the systems - we know the deck builder seems to be working for the most part, so the focus should be on finding out the causes of other issues. In fact, the 30 min between queues should be dropped too for now.

Like I said, this isn't meant to be used to practice for real games.
    I make a deck then go clean the kitchen, cook dinner, hang out washing, and then come back and wait 5 more minutes...

Gigantisaur
    At this point I think they could just reduce the timer for building a deck to 10 minutes and the all around timer to 20 minutes and be just fine.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.