Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shards

Shards

Anyone else think "Hex" should have six shards? It is called Hex, has a hexagon as its symbol, and five shards.

The Transcended
    It does seem odd, but I think it's "hex" as in a spell, not "hex" as in the geometric figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    It does seem odd, but I think it's "hex" as in a spell, not "hex" as in the geometric figure.
    Take a look at the logo. It's a hexagon.

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    Take a look at the logo. It's a hexagon.
    It's a hex-shard that happens to be a hexagonal cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
    It's a hex-shard that happens to be a hexagonal cut.
    Happens to be? I doubt it's a coincidence.

I doubt it's a coincidence, but Cory did say that the name was chosen a long time ago when he thought Hex would be a good name for a generic spellslinging card game. The fact that their logo now references a homophone of Hex is just good design.

And now is a good time for me to mention again my pet theory that we'll see a sixth, overpowered shard that the AI uses in the PvE campaign
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

A mentioned above... artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    I doubt it's a coincidence, but Cory did say that the name was chosen a long time ago when he thought Hex would be a good name for a generic spellslinging card game. The fact that their logo now references a homophone of Hex is just good design.

And now is a good time for me to mention again my pet theory that we'll see a sixth, overpowered shard that the AI uses in the PvE campaign
    I remember InQuest (did I just date myself?) "spoiling" a sixth color for MtG. A sixth shard type (space magic?) would actually fit really well with the general premise of Hex. I'm sure that idea isn't new to the PvE creative team, and I hope they get a chance to explore it.
    -Rjselzler
    Keep name "Selz"

Here's a gallery for those of us who weren't reading InQuest 16 years ago: http://magiclibrarities.net/rarities...xth-color.html
    -Rjselzler
    Keep name "Selz"