Thread: Core issues vs card design\etc

Core issues vs card design\etc

I might not understand the game development process clearly but in the last 2 patches the game for me became completely unplayable to the point of me not wanting to log in at all.

there was a patch - i believe it was 821 - where game was like SUPERFAST, where there was almost no coin flip crashes, and almost no bugs except for some 2-3 cards that crashed games.

while im in no way complaining about the state of the alfa version or anything i sincerely believe that making the game engine itself stable is way more important than any other possible changes, cards are secondary ui is secondary tournaments/pve is all imo secondary to actually being able to play the game which is now near impossible.

merely a rant thread with me wondering why 2 or 3 patches away game was running almost perfectly and now its back to something like 7-8 patches away where each turn could take minutes.

Big new updates caused new issues. It is actually a good thing, because they can iron out even more bugs and get the game closer to flawless before unleashing it on the public.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I'm not too surprised that updating introduces bugs. Some of the bugs make me think their concerns aren't as separated as they should be, but at least they're sorting out the kinks

Our current enjoyment of the game is not the primary focus right now. They want to make sure that when the game goes public the things that make playing suck don't occur. Their primary focus is to make the game stable. You can't fix problems if you don't know they exist, and these are problems they wouldn't know existed if we weren't playing.
    Keep name is Essq

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by g00dbye View Post
    I might not understand the game development process clearly but in the last 2 patches the game for me became completely unplayable to the point of me not wanting to log in at all.

there was a patch - i believe it was 821 - where game was like SUPERFAST, where there was almost no coin flip crashes, and almost no bugs except for some 2-3 cards that crashed games.

while im in no way complaining about the state of the alfa version or anything i sincerely believe that making the game engine itself stable is way more important than any other possible changes, cards are secondary ui is secondary tournaments/pve is all imo secondary to actually being able to play the game which is now near impossible.

merely a rant thread with me wondering why 2 or 3 patches away game was running almost perfectly and now its back to something like 7-8 patches away where each turn could take minutes.
    I agree that something has happened in the last two patches that really messed up tournament play. Also when I see a quote like this,

"Has anyone completed a Sealed tournament in the last 24 hours? We are seeing completed tournaments but we want to see if those are false positives. "

I become confused as to why they do not have access to data that shows that a player played a game. Now granted certain things might not be in yet, but surely they can tell if a player actually played their game at this stage. For the purpose of retracing errors, I would hope they have access to the data produced when two players come together to play a match. How else can they track down the actual cause of the bugs??

If they do not have access to this information it explains why they are taking so long to fix the problems as they are literally guessing and shooting in the dark. I really hope that is not the case.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Perhaps they chose to only log games that are reported manually, to relieve server load? Seems likely, as logging every game (with sometimes hundreds of concurrent games at once) seems like a lot for a toaster on steroids to handle.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Many of the issues are related to server load; they are intentionally using much worse hardware then they will at launch to stress test their netcode. As such, performance can vary significantly depending on how many people are on, even if the patches haven't changed anything.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

Gigantisaur
    I hope it is mostly server related but this has been going on for almost 8 weeks now. They had experience with the server having dealt with it with the initial 1vs1. Every week saw improvements that pointed to them slowly stabilizing the issue and we now have a very playable 1vs1 system. The current tournament problems do not feel like a server issue. For one thing, it does not matter the time of day or population on the server, the games are not starting. for another thing, the system was improving right up too two patches ago and since it has not worked well at all. This leads to more of a game programming issue rather than just a server programming issue.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.