Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please STOP playing the laboratory in tournaments

Gigantisaur

Please STOP playing the laboratory in tournaments

This card is super bugged in conjunction with other draw mechanics or mill mechanics. All it does is freeze the game. I know it is a super awesome sweet card to use, but it is getting old having tournament matches just end because of this card.

Also, could you guys just remove the card until it is fixed?
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

What exactly is the problem with the lab? I have it in one of my decks and it works fine. Is this a new issue within the past 48 hours?
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Mahes,

Can you please explain what the problem with this card is? The more detailed you can be the better. This will help us identify the problem and get this card fixed asap. Thank you for your time.

Shaggy

Master Theorycrafter
    I used the Lab a number of times Sun and Mon, and I've had zero issues.

I played it last night, used it repeatedly in several games, no issues. Is it a tournament specific behaviour? If so, what seems to cause it? It's not happening in AI or one-off games, I can say that for sure.
    --ossuary

Gigantisaur
    Ok, two bugs then. One I have been part of twice.

Twisted Fate:

If I possess the twisted fate and then use the laboratory when the twisted fate is out, it locks up. I am not sure if it would do this with somebody else possessing the twisted fate and I used the laboratory.

Sadistic Castigator:

I possessed the Castigator and my opponent used the Laboratory and the game locked up.

These situations almost occurred back to back in game play for me which kind of irritated me.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Sadistic Castigator:

I possessed the Castigator and my opponent used the Laboratory and the game locked up.

These situations almost occurred back to back in game play for me which kind of irritated me.
    I can confirm this has happened to me the same way. I had a Castigator and opponent used Laboratory. He couldn't discard and neither one of us had priority.

I've played it in conjunction with Twisted Fate and it froze game. It hung a minute then opponent conceded. Opponent conceding triggered the mill effect before showing victory screen.

So it sounds like it's a recently introduced bug between Twisted Fate and Secret Lab (or maybe any draw effect?), specifically. It wasn't doing this a month or so ago, because I have a deck with Twisted Fates, Secret Labs, and Stargazers that I last played sometime in January.

I wonder if it also happens with Twisted Fate + Wrenlocke? Anyone want to check?
    --ossuary

I actually just gave this a try myself. The bug is indeed there between Twisted Fate and Secret Lab. Haven't tried the Castigator one yet.
    IGN: Wolfwood
    Poor lost souls, may you be reborn again anew!