Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

About that, I have two questions:

1. For the Cool Dog, it can prevent the opponent from attacking adjacent creatures. But, when your turn comes up, you still have to attack with them. In this case, do the opposing creature still fight back and inflict damage? And, on the opponent turn, do your protected creature inflict damage or does the attack never happen?

2. When resolving attacks, is there a specific order or can you choose the creatures that fight first? So, for example, does killing a Cool Dog first allow you to attack adjacent opponent creatures?
    Actually, same goes for anything. Can you choose the order of effects when the order is not specified or do the effects happen simultaneously (so you cannot use the result of an effect for another effect)?
    Let's say I have two Wandering Bald Man cards and one Awesome Spider card. Can the Awesome Spider effect be applied after two cards are discarded from the top of the deck?

Thanks!

1. Yes, the defenders will still deal damage. They can't attack during their own turn. Note that Cool Dog can be attacked.

2. You choose the order. If you knock out Cool Dog, then he no longer protects adjacent creatures from being attacked.
    If things would happen at the same time, you choose the order.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

I've been playing the Finn/Jake decks with some friends and we have noticed that the Travelin' Farmer card is very powerful when paired with the Field of Nightmares card. For example, games are often won by replacing the farmer to play another creature, then using the farmer's ability to deal damage (directly to the opponent) based on the amount of cards in the opponent's s hand. They then use the Field of Nightmares card to deal that same damage and can often win the game in a single turn this way... My question is is it legal to count replacing the farmer with another creature as it "leaving play"?

Another question regarding spell stacking... I'll give an example.

In one of my Blue Plains landscapes I had Woadic Chief. Next to him I had an Ancient Scholar, and a second Ancient Scholar next to the first. I played two Woad Talismans from my hand and targeted Woadic Chief with each... Giving him an extra 8 damage in addition to his base of 2. I then flooped both Ancient Scholars and put both Woad Talismans back in my hand, and used them both on Woadic Chief again. At this point his damage was 18... I then used Teleport and moved Woadic Chief to the open Lane where I could attack my opponent directly... I ended up dealing 20 damage directly in one turn... Was that sequence legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I've been playing the Finn/Jake decks with some friends and we have noticed that the Travelin' Farmer card is very powerful when paired with the Field of Nightmares card. For example, games are often won by replacing the farmer to play another creature, then using the farmer's ability to deal damage (directly to the opponent) based on the amount of cards in the opponent's s hand. They then use the Field of Nightmares card to deal that same damage and can often win the game in a single turn this way... My question is is it legal to count replacing the farmer with another creature as it "leaving play"?
    Yes it does. When you see the Farmer out there, best start getting rid of cards. Maybe even keep a low hand size in general against Corn.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    Another question regarding spell stacking... I'll give an example.

In one of my Blue Plains landscapes I had Woadic Chief. Next to him I had an Ancient Scholar, and a second Ancient Scholar next to the first. I played two Woad Talismans from my hand and targeted Woadic Chief with each... Giving him an extra 8 damage in addition to his base of 2. I then flooped both Ancient Scholars and put both Woad Talismans back in my hand, and used them both on Woadic Chief again. At this point his damage was 18... I then used Teleport and moved Woadic Chief to the open Lane where I could attack my opponent directly... I ended up dealing 20 damage directly in one turn... Was that sequence legal?
    That sounds perfectly legal to me. Nice combo!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thanks for the clarification! One last question, is it legal to play a spell when you can't take advantage of the spell's effect? For example:

1. I have no empty lanes but play teleport.

2. None of my creatures changed lanes this turn, but I play Woad Blood.

In most circumstances it would be pretty dumb to play these cards without bring able to use their abilities, but if you have a card like Woadic Chief in play then it would be advantageous.

1. Yes
    2. Yes

You got it.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Does field stalker' effect allow the owner of the card to draw an additional card to the card he normally draws at the beginning of his turn?

For the ancient scholar' floop effect, how do you randomize the rainbow cards? Separate them from the rest of the discard pile then flip them face down and grab a random one? Or can you take any rainbow card you want?