Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

Hey there! New question for you. When I play Mantle Masher, it flips a Landscape face-down when entering play. Now if I have Mantle Masher in a Lane with Schoolhouse, switch Mantle Masher's effect to something else and make Mantle Masher leave play while it's original effect isn't on, does the Landscape stay face-down forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_the_Dog View Post
    Hey there! New question for you. When I play Mantle Masher, it flips a Landscape face-down when entering play. Now if I have Mantle Masher in a Lane with Schoolhouse, switch Mantle Masher's effect to something else and make Mantle Masher leave play while it's original effect isn't on, does the Landscape stay face-down forever?
    Yes, it would remain face down forever.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hi Matt, for Tapped Out, does the target creature keep the ATK boost as long as it is in play?

Also, at the start of my turn, if I control one empty landscape and control three Drained Clerics, can I move the Drained Clerics one at a time to avoid incurring any discard penalty? Thanks!

Silo of Freedom: Discard a card >>> Your Landscape in this Lane loses its type and becomes the type of your choice (except face down) until the start of your next turn.

Can I select a face down landscape and make it behave like a face up landscape of my choice (while not being able to select a face up landscape and make it act face down)

or

I can't select a face down landscape for the effect and can't make a face up landscape act face down either?

Quote Originally Posted by atcwfan View Post
    Hi Matt, for Tapped Out, does the target creature keep the ATK boost as long as it is in play?

Also, at the start of my turn, if I control one empty landscape and control three Drained Clerics, can I move the Drained Clerics one at a time to avoid incurring any discard penalty? Thanks!
    Tapped Out is just for that turn.
    Yes, you resolve each Cleric separately, so that works.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Silo of Freedom: Discard a card >>> Your Landscape in this Lane loses its type and becomes the type of your choice (except face down) until the start of your next turn.

Can I select a face down landscape and make it behave like a face up landscape of my choice (while not being able to select a face up landscape and make it act face down)

or

I can't select a face down landscape for the effect and can't make a face up landscape act face down either?
    You can select a face-down Landscape and turn it into something else.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    You can select a face-down Landscape and turn it into something else.
    Ooooh now I get it! :P

Edit: I have another question regarding this. If while being treated as another landscape, the landscape flips face down by an effect, when it comes back to the original one at the start of my next turn, does it flip back up or does it remain face down?
    Last edited by Jake_the_Dog; 09-06-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Ooooh now I get it! :P

Edit: I have another question regarding this. If while being treated as another landscape, the landscape flips face down by an effect, when it comes back to the original one at the start of my next turn, does it flip back up or does it remain face down?
    It flips back up to the original.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Ice-olation Cell reads "Creatures on Landscapes with a Frozen token on it in this Lane cannot Attack or use abilities."

Does this affect all types of abilities (such as triggered abilities, etc) or only activated ones (like "Cost >>> Effect").

Triggered abilities are not "used;" they just happen. So they still work.
    It only prevents payment/Floop abilities.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D