Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

When using Cross Pollination, does it count the amount of Landscapes at the time of playing the card or will the bonus ATK fluctuate during the turn if Landscapes are changed after?

Example: I have 4 different Landscapes (Useless Swamp, Blue Plains, Cornfield and SandyLands). I play Cross Pollination, followed by Musical Chair to switch my Blue Plains and SandyLands into Useless Swamps. How much +ATK are my Cornfield Creatures left with?

The bonus locks in when you play it.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Hi, just picked up ice king vs marceline and have a few simple questions.

Ice kings effect. Let's say I have a creature that goes undefended for two turns in a row, will the creature get the plus 1 every time it's undefended or just the first time that creature goes undefended?

Discarding for frozen tokens. Do cards like unicyclops trigger an unfreezing?

Each time it is undefended.

No, the discard is a cost, and each costs you pay pays for one effect only.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Hyra View Post
    Each time it is undefended.

No, the discard is a cost, and each costs you pay pays for one effect only.
    What I figured. Thanks!

I ran into this last night and was wondering what to do. My opponent had a Pentacutie on the field, and I used Abracadaniel's ability to reveal a Full Metal Racket. Since the hero ability makes me play it, but Pentacutie says I can't, what do I do with the card? Does it have no effect and is discarded, or is it placed back onto my deck or goes in my hand? For that game, I just put it back on top, but I would like to know what to do in the future. Thanks

Can't overrides Can. Stays on top if you can't play it.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Does a Palace of Bone prevent Sandwitch from dealing damage when another creature other than itself enters play? I wasn't sure if it only works on cards that specifically says when X enters/leaves play, or if it is broader.

Edit: I just found the search option, and the answer.
    Last edited by reid5425; 12-12-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Hello! Big fan!

3 Questions:

Teleport:

Can this include a creature from your hand that has not yet been played. "Teleport" does not say it has to be a control you control...so I believe it can be from your hand?

Tapped Out
    I know there are some questions already about this new card, but I still don't understand it. It says "target creature you control has +2 ATK for each exhausted creature you control (at the time you play this)."

How would this work? The only ways to exhaust a card are to:
    1. attack. but if you attacked and then the card became exhausted, there would be no way to play the "Tapped out" card.
    2. floop. this would also exhaust the card...but then you cannot attack with it. I know there are some cards that will ready a card...but it seems unlikely that you would floop a card, play tapped out, then ready it.

The back of the rule book, under "specific card clarification," says
    Tapped out: Flooped creatures and ones that did not ready at the start of your turn are exhausted.

However, in the very beginning of the "turn sequence," you must ready all of your cards. So how would there be any that are exhausted at the start of your turn?

Landscapes

Lets say you play a creature with a cost of 2 and an icylands symbol on it. That means you must have at least two icylands landscapes in order to play this card. If one of those landscapes is turned over (and you only have one icylands landscape left) you cannot play the card. However, what happens if you already have said card out in play and THEN a landscape is flipped over (and you only have one icylands landscape left)? Does that card get discarded since there are not enough landscapes of that type for it to be played? Or does it stay in the fight until it leaves play?

Thanks for the help!
    We absolutely love the new Gunter vs. Lemongrab!

Teleport is only in play. If it was otherwise, it would be very specific about it.

There are some Creatures that don't automatically ready, and some that enter play exhausted. Those and Flooped Creatures are what you are looking for.

The Creature is sticks around even if you lose the proper Landscapes.

PS: Glad you like the new decks!
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game