Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

That's what I figured. Thank you, sir!

I got a question regarding the new cards!

Burly Lumberjack allows to play additional buildings on his landscape. If there are 2 buildings and Burly Lumberjack changes lane or leaves play, what happens to the buildings?

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_the_Dog View Post
    I got a question regarding the new cards!

Burly Lumberjack allows to play additional buildings on his landscape. If there are 2 buildings and Burly Lumberjack changes lane or leaves play, what happens to the buildings?

They stay.
    Lead Designer of Teen Titans & Arrow Crossover Pack

I have a somewhat related question, in regards to Burly Lumberjack.

Suppose I have each Lane filled with a Building, and one of those Lanes has multiple Buildings thanks to Burly Lumberjack. What happens if I use Tax Reduction?

Can I spread out my Buildings? Is it possible to move a Building to a Lane that's already occupied (specifically with Tax Reduction)? And if so, has this always been the case?

Tax Reduction reads "You may move each of your Buildings to different Lanes you control. You may move each of your opponent's Buildings to different Lanes he controls." Note that it does not mention 'empty Lanes/Landscapes', as other cards do (such as Reclaim Landscape.)

Because Tax Reduction is moving multiple, you can pick them all up and place them where you please, but not more than one per Landscape.
    This has always been the case, though most things are not mass movement like this, so it never came up before.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-31-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Clairity
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

So the 2 new spells Harvest Moon and Deforestation don't require open Lanes either then, right?

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Floop View Post
    So the 2 new spells Harvest Moon and Deforestation don't require open Lanes either then, right?
    They do, as putting them into play follows normal rules for buildings. Burly Lumberjack simply removes the rule for his lane while he's there. Anything that wound up in his lane (while he was there) stays there whether he's there or not. If you do not have a Burly Lumberjack in a lane, you cannot add an extra building to that lane as it still follows the normal play rules.
    Lead Designer of Teen Titans & Arrow Crossover Pack

To follow up, does this mean that Harvest Moon and Deforestation can replace an existing Building then (it doesn't specify the Lane has to be empty, unlike Log Kinght)?

Also, if you already have multiple Buildings in a Lane, but no longer have Burly Lumberjack in play, can you still replace a single Building in that Lane?

Sorry for all of the followup questions. XD

EDIT: Just to be absolutely positively clear with Tax Reduction, If I have 1 Building on each Landscape, I can move each of them to the same Landscape (for a total of 4 in 1 Lane), correct? Otherwise, using Tax Reduction while having more than 4 Buildings in play (via Burly Lumberjack) would be very problematic.
    Last edited by Floop; 03-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Harvest Moon and Deforestation cannot replace a Building.
    The default is cannot replace. Prefer that than having to add "empty" on every card.

If you replace a Building where there are two and no Burly Lumberjack, you lose both of the Buildings that were there.

Tax Reduction: No, you cannot move them to the same Landscape, even if Burly Lumberjack is present. Burly allows you to play additional Buildings. TaxRed does not give you the ability to double them up. I edited my above answer to make that more clear. If you have more than 4 Buildings in play and use TaxRed, you will lose any you have over 4.
    Last edited by Matt_Hyra; 03-31-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    Original Designer
    DC Deck-Building Game

Zazo's Magical Seeds - do creatures that entered play before the affected creature enters play count toward the boost? (I play 0 cost creature, I play another zero cost creature, then I play Lost Golem, I play Zazo's Magical Seeds on Lost Golem)

I'm assuming they do count per the card wording ("this turn") but just wanted to make sure.

Also,
    If I have two creatures in play with the ability "discard a card, then x happens" does discarding one card from my hand activate both card effects or do I have to discard for each individually?
    Last edited by Atomic; 04-09-2016 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Clarification