Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

Hello Matt,

I have a few questions regarding Adventure Time Card Wars finn vs Jake

1) I am not quite sure how the floop ability works - so I understand that when i floop the creature on my turn, I do the action on it and it can't attack. On the opponents turn the creature can attack and be attacked. So far so good. But what happens on the next turn when I am on again? Is it still flooped and can't attack? Does it stay flooped until replaced or discarded? Can I unfloop it for 1 action or something like that?

2) On some cards - not sure which, I don't have the deck with me, there was a creature where you pay 1 action to lower the defence by 10 (or lower the attack, one of those). Now, it makes sense to lower it only once for a creature I suppose, even though I might be tempted to lower it for 2 Actions for a creature with 20 defense (do they even exist and if yes can I do it?) The most important part is, wether I can do this more than 1 time#/
    Example:
    So let's say I pay the 1 Action and lower the DEF and kill the creature on the same turn or the other turns. Opponent puts another creature on the same line against mine with the ability and on my turn I pay 1 Action again and lower it on the new creature, is this possible? The same if the opponent replaces the creature I lowered the DEF on, can I pay 1 Action again to lower on the replace creature?

Or am I allowed to apply it only once for the first creature and that's it?

3) I read that if I get the collectibles I get more landscapes. Somewhere in the rules book it says that I can place the creatures on any landscape I control, even though if they don't match as long as I control enough landscapes.
    Example: I have 1 cornfield and 3 other fields. The creature I have is a cornfield creature, with 1 Action so I can play it on the cornfield. The cornfield is taken by another creature and according to the rules I can put the deck cornfield creature on the blue plains? That doesn't make much sense and contradicts the mobile app where you can only put the creatures on the correct plains if you control them.

I have a bunch of other questions, but those are the ones we need right now to continue playing.

Thank you!
    Last edited by joethemonster87; 12-26-2016 at 09:39 AM.

1. It readies like any other Creature. The rules say to ready all of your Creatures at the start of your turn.

2. You can pay to lower the ATK on each new Creature he puts into that Lane.

3. The mobile app is using their own rules. This game is different. We allow you to place your Creatures wherever you want. We wanted to encourage multi-Landscape decks. That is very hard to do if you are so restricted.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Thank you Matt, that answers some of the questions. I will post again if we find something that isn't documented.

Is there a website/link with recommended decks to mix and landscapes from the different decks to play against each other? To have a balanced play with different decks for somebody who just starts and hasn't played a lot and does not have the experience to calculate the benefits of each card in a mixed deck/landscape on their own.

Feel free to start a discussion here.
    However, there is a more active strategy community at http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/Special:WikiForum
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Ok, I do have a few other questions:

1)The Pig and Husker Knight - let's say I floop the pig and turn the opposite landscape facedown. Husker Knight has already 7 Damage out of 8 (4 landscapes). When I floop the landscape he only has +6 DEF so that means he is already dead, before the attack starts?

2) This has been asked quite a lot - for the spells I believe the rulings says you must be able to perform the spell in order to use it. But can I floop a pig if the target landscape was already face down to avoid fighting? Same goes for other floop abilities

3) Psionic Architect - I think I got this correct, but want to confirm. If I floop a creature I can then play the Psionic Architect, unfloop the same creature and floop it again (total of 2 floops per turn)? Granted if 2) above allows me to (or if 2. is not necessary then I can just floop again?)

thank you!

Oh and the flooping does not cost an Action, correct? Unless there is a pay action number next to it.
    Last edited by joethemonster87; 01-02-2017 at 11:01 AM.

1. Yes
    2. No, you can't Floop The Pig if the Landscape is already down, as it isn't a Cornfield. The spell rule is to look for the word "target." If it doesn't use that word, then you can play it even if it will fail to do anything.
    3. Yes

Flooding does not cost an Action. Some say "Pay 1 Action, Floop." That does cost an action.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

So with Herculeye, I discard to add 4 damage.
    The damage boost is removed after my attack phase?

Question

Is there a list of all the card wars cards to collect..... because I really want to have a complete collection

Quote Originally Posted by PlaguedBoy View Post
    So with Herculeye, I discard to add 4 damage.
    The damage boost is removed after my attack phase?
    Yes
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Card_collector View Post
    Is there a list of all the card wars cards to collect..... because I really want to have a complete collection
    That's a good idea that we never did.
    The wikia has it by set, not one complete list...

http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com...Packs_and_Sets
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D