Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Rules questions

Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification :-)

Hi Matt, my question is regarding burly lumberjacks wording. It says you may play additional buildings onto this landscape, is it only one extra building? Or could you potentially have 3 or more buildings on one landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalycsm View Post
    Hi Matt, my question is regarding burly lumberjacks wording. It says you may play additional buildings onto this landscape, is it only one extra building? Or could you potentially have 3 or more buildings on one landscape?
    You can play any number of Buildings.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Hi matt another question for ye. So with carmel camel if it rreplaces a creature does it have the ability to put that card underneath itself? Just wondering because me and my friend were uncertain on that and was unable to find any ruling. Thanks again for your speedy replys youre the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Catalycsm View Post
    Hi matt another question for ye. So with carmel camel if it rreplaces a creature does it have the ability to put that card underneath itself? Just wondering because me and my friend were uncertain on that and was unable to find any ruling. Thanks again for your speedy replys youre the man!
    No, as the replaced Creature leaves play before Carmel Camel enters play.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

Nice to see this still active in 2019

I have a couple of questions about Pyramidia from LSP's Deck, and one question about Skeletal Hand. So far I have always been able to find answers to my questions that other people have asked, but can't find anyone asking about Pyramidia or Skeletal Hand anywhere.

Question 1: Can you use Pyramidia to remove Static Parrotrooper, Jinxed Parrotrooper, Dragoon Parrotrooper in order to play a creature on that Landscape?

My first thought was Yes, because I figured you're using a Floop ability and not just replacing one of the Parrotroopers.
    But then I thought No, because you're essentially still replacing a creature.
    But then I went back to thinking Yes... Maybe, and here's why:

I know some of the cards are specifically worded a certain way for reasons. An example of this is being able to Floop a creature to avoid a fight, even if you can't fulfill the Floop ability, as long as the ability doesn't contain the word "target" in it.
    So i figured since Pyramidia says "Floop >>> if you control a Creature in this Lane, gain 1 Action. Use it only to play a Creature into this Lane" and doesn't say "replace a Creature", that you could play it by removing a Parrotrooper, because Parrotrooper says "cannot be replaced" as opposed to something like "cannot be removed".
    But the thing that makes me think the answer is No, is that playing a creature into a Lane means the game is giving me the option to play it on my opponents Landscape, which means if I chose to play the card on my side, i have to "replace" the Parrotrooper (which i cannot do). So the Floop ability isn't making me to play a card on MY landscape, and because of that.... i would think the ultimate answer to my question is No. But I'm not sure.

Question 2: If someone played Jinxed Parrotrooper on their own side (they might be playing a mixed deck with BMO, so they would want to be able to discard more cards) and also had a Parrotrooper on my side in the same Lane, then would Pyramidia allow me to replace/remove one of the Parrotroopers?

Question about Skeletal Hand: Lets say you have a couple of Dogboys in play. Does each card discarded from Skeletal Hand power up each of the Dogboys?

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by fish61324; 06-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish61324 View Post
    Nice to see this still active in 2019

I have a couple of questions about Pyramidia from LSP's Deck, and one question about Skeletal Hand. So far I have always been able to find answers to my questions that other people have asked, but can't find anyone asking about Pyramidia or Skeletal Hand anywhere.

Question 1: Can you use Pyramidia to remove Static Parrotrooper, Jinxed Parrotrooper, Dragoon Parrotrooper in order to play a creature on that Landscape?

My first thought was Yes, because I figured you're using a Floop ability and not just replacing one of the Parrotroopers.
    But then I thought No, because you're essentially still replacing a creature.
    But then I went back to thinking Yes... Maybe, and here's why:

I know some of the cards are specifically worded a certain way for reasons. An example of this is being able to Floop a creature to avoid a fight, even if you can't fulfill the Floop ability, as long as the ability doesn't contain the word "target" in it.
    So i figured since Pyramidia says "Floop >>> if you control a Creature in this Lane, gain 1 Action. Use it only to play a Creature into this Lane" and doesn't say "replace a Creature", that you could play it by removing a Parrotrooper, because Parrotrooper says "cannot be replaced" as opposed to something like "cannot be removed".
    But the thing that makes me think the answer is No, is that playing a creature into a Lane means the game is giving me the option to play it on my opponents Landscape, which means if I chose to play the card on my side, i have to "replace" the Parrotrooper (which i cannot do). So the Floop ability isn't making me to play a card on MY landscape, and because of that.... i would think the ultimate answer to my question is No. But I'm not sure.
    No. Pyramidia will not remove a 'Trooper. The Action you gain must be used to replace a Creature, and the 'Troopers can't be replaced. It doesn't need to use the word "replace," as that must happen as you control a Creature in that Lane.

Question 2: If someone played Jinxed Parrotrooper on their own side (they might be playing a mixed deck with BMO, so they would want to be able to discard more cards) and also had a Parrotrooper on my side in the same Lane, then would Pyramidia allow me to replace/remove one of the Parrotroopers?
    No. Even if you play a 'Trooper on your own side, you still can't replace it.

Question about Skeletal Hand: Lets say you have a couple of Dogboys in play. Does each card discarded from Skeletal Hand power up each of the Dogboys?

Thanks in Advance
    No. The ">>>" on Dogboy indicates that it's a cost. So you must discard cards from hand specifically to activate Dogboy's ability. For it to work the way you describe, Dogboy would be written as: "Each time you discard a card from anywhere, Dogboy gets +2 ATK." That would be a triggered effect, not a cost.
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D

About the Grand Prix hero card. Say you played a creature and then replaced it with another creature. Can you activate Grand Prix to return the replaced creature from your discard pile to your hand and then play it for free with three damage on it?

Also can you use teleport to move your creatures to your opponents side?

This is probably my favorite card game it can just get a bit confusing sometimes
    Last edited by Wileybossbell; 06-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.

say You control no sandy lands landscapes and in your hand you have three zero cost cards and lost golem. If you play all three zeros can you then play lost golem since he would have become a zero cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Wileybossbell View Post
    About the Grand Prix hero card. Say you played a creature and then replaced it with another creature. Can you activate Grand Prix to return the replaced creature from your discard pile to your hand and then play it for free with three damage on it?

Also can you use teleport to move your creatures to your opponents side?

This is probably my favorite card game it can just get a bit confusing sometimes
    1. No. A card won't return from a zone other than in play unless the card specifically says it does.

2. No

Glad to hear it's your fave!
    Matt Hyra
    Cryptozoic R&D