Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: HEX Alpha Patch Notes - v826 - 3/13/2014

Master Theorycrafter
    Draft is awesome.

Unfortunately the time counter resets after each game in a match. This means a draft could go 9.5 hours. Please allow 30 mins per play for the entire match. Thanks!

The Transcended
    Ugh, they didn't fix the timers with this patch?!?! Nooooooo. It's such an easy fix, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Ugh, they didn't fix the timers with this patch?!?! Nooooooo. It's such an easy fix, too.
    Yeah, someone in my tourney was playing against CZEBugs. Crazy long games, it was almost an hour later before the next round started.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

After playing around with Plant Garden and getting Spore Stalks it has come to my attention that the ability to "Resolve all" is required before players develop RSI on their clicking finger.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
    After playing around with Plant Garden and getting Spore Stalks it has come to my attention that the ability to "Resolve all" is required before players develop RSI on their clicking finger.
    Yeah that definiltey needs to be an added feature

First off, I was able to successfully play using Wine. I've been able to get some games in and verify things work well. Thanks to whoever at CZE fixed the login screen input bug.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Parallels works too... That's how I've been playing.
    I know I'll get called out for purchasing a Mac and then claiming I'm poor, but I'd prefer not to buy a copy of Parallels, then buy a copy of Windows just to play Hex. Also, doing some testing with VirtualBox (similar to Parallels, but free) and a work-provided Windows VM, the performance is significantly slower than it was running on a lab PC I was able to use at university and slower than using Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Also, I spent some of my time at CZE this week lobbying for the Mac client. It is coming. It's definitely not vaporware... I know nothing about their specific release plans (I didn't ask other than begging to test it ), but I'd be shocked if we entered monetized beta without a Mac version.
    Thanks for the info. Given that beta rumblings are getting louder and Mac client was committed to for beta, it's logical the Mac client would be coming soon. I'd not be surprised if some of the release issues revolve around getting the client up in the App Store, properly signed (so OS X won't complain when you try to install it) and taking care of the issues with Mac app ecosystem. I'll wager this is just as big a hassle as whatever straight ahead application programming is happening.

DocX - I would believe you on the poor thing. My friend needed a laptop, something for video work and photoshop style artsy stuff. He found a macbook at a decent price thanks to a sale, and he jumped on it. For the longest time he used pirated windows because he couldn't afford a real copy - he has since moved up to a strong desktop PC with win 8, but he used that macbook for a couple of years, and played a bunch of windows only games on it.

So I can totally understand.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png