Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Verbal abuse for playing bomb in draft. It has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
    Its not a personal attack, its a fact and this topic exists showcasing exactly the attitude I reference.
    It is a personal attack and defamation. I may have been less than polite, but you made a toxic thread with toxic posts, and I was vehemently trying to shut it down.

In case you haven't noticed, there have been no fights or toxic threads during the time you were banned. The minute you can post, you start being toxic again. Please, just stop.

Again, I want to report this behaviour
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    It is a personal attack and defamation. I may have been less than polite, but you made a toxic thread with toxic posts, and I was vehemently trying to shut it down.
    No, I made a reasonable thread with reasonable posts, and got several reasonable responses. The only turned toxic when you "vehemently tried to shut it down" which you did. Congratulations, another successful troll resulting once again in anything constructive on this forum being silenced.

Again, I want to report this behaviour
    The best you can do right now, I think, is to just pm an active mod.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

It really is a shame we don't have a report button, though. It makes it so much easier (it should automatically notify all mods, so any who are available can jump in and have a look). It's a pretty standard forum feature, these days.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
    No, I made a reasonable thread with reasonable posts, and got several reasonable responses. The only turned toxic when you "vehemently tried to shut it down" which you did. Congratulations, another successful troll resulting once again in anything constructive on this forum being silenced.
    People disagreed at the time, and the matter is long settled. I refuse to fight anymore. Behave how you want.

Yeah these forums really need a report button so we can avoid cases like Void, Mods are only human and can't see everything. And I'm pretty sure people don't scroll all the way down to read the list of names that moderate the forums. In general I've become more worried about these forums as I've noticed the more vocal members don't try and carry out "discussions".

People shouldn't be left to defend themselves from defamation and personal attacks that detract from disscussions. Mods are there to create that barrier. It was kinda said seeing a forum that I made to discuss an issue I cared about turn into a 3/4 way troll/flame war. With Void half his post just became him responding to personal attacks from others. He was just a pit of negativity, forced negativity. It's probably good that he got banned, at least he can focus his life on more important things. Or create an account with a name that people won't automatically attack.

On this topic though:

I have to admit if in a game an opponent is being overly salty about an impending loss, I try to convince them to believe. Which just leads to them getting more upset. So I think best thing to do is ignore a salty player

Quote Originally Posted by DackFayden View Post
    Yeah these forums really need a report button so we can avoid cases like Void, Mods are only human and can't see everything. And I'm pretty sure people don't scroll all the way down to read the list of names that moderate the forums. In general I've become more worried about these forums as I've noticed the more vocal members don't try and carry out "discussions".

People shouldn't be left to defend themselves from defamation and personal attacks that detract from disscussions. Mods are there to create that barrier. It was kinda said seeing a forum that I made to discuss an issue I cared about turn into a 3/4 way troll/flame war. With Void half his post just became him responding to personal attacks from others. He was just a pit of negativity, forced negativity. It's probably good that he got banned, at least he can focus his life on more important things. Or create an account with a name that people won't automatically attack.

On this topic though:

I have to admit if in a game an opponent is being overly salty about an impending loss, I try to convince them to believe. Which just leads to them getting more upset. So I think best thing to do is ignore a salty player
    I feel I owe you in particular an apology Dack. I know you were genuinely interested in the subject, and I had a part in bringing that to a grinding halt. I am definitely looking at my own actions more carefully now, as I have noticed I have gotten carried away in mulligan threads specifically.

That apology goes out to anyone else I may have upset or offended, and even Void, despite the recent attack. I do genuinely feel bad, and I am feeling like I deserve a warning at the least (probably a ban.)

Back on topic

I had an interesting draft. The guy seemed cheerful and happy enough at the start, when he was winning, but I came back from a game one loss to 2-1 him with a lifegain/swiftstrikers blood diamond deck. By the end he seemed quite upset, especially when I mentioned a particular play had made the game particularly epic, he responded with 'no, it really wasn't'.

I guess sore losers can spoil your fun even without being offensive.

Btw, the play was pretty decent - I had been saving a blood aura, and he had an assault technician and pet war bot in play, I had a swiftstrike Mazat ranger freshly played. I had just enough resources saved to cast my blood aura, so I was nervously waiting to see what he would attack with. So he proceeds to buff the war bot with the assault technician, all the way up to 7/3, then went for the swing. He played crushing blow on the warbot, pumping it to a 9/5, and I respond with the blood aura, pumping my Mazat ranger to 5/2 - just enough to kill the war bot and save me the game.

He wasn't pleased, as I have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    For the record, Kami is a volunteer moderator, he is NOT an employee of CZE. His opinions are his own. We don't have an official policy on abusive / offensive behaviour at this time.
    Well, to be fair, there was an incident that occurred a while back near the beginning of Alpha that I'm referencing this off of. But yeah, I don't have anything official as far as this type of stuff goes.

He wasn't pleased, as I have mentioned.
    Some people just can't handle being outplayed. Though it always begs the question, why are they playing a TCG then?
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

After not playing hex for several weeks/more, I check in on this thread and

1) insanity is still being a total asshole
    2) people encountering just as much attitude problem as folks do on mtgo or other tcg games

So much for the great "hex community"

And 3) I logged in and the client is so painfully sluggish that it immediately made me just quit out

Really disappointing, not sure when hex will "get there" I was expecting it to be earlier than now though...