Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I Hate the New Deck Builder Screen for Draft

What you mean it's not constructive criticism, i tried to make as many points as possible, well i may not have english as my native language, but i am trying to point as many points as possible.
    It's okay if English is not your native language. It's not mine either. Constructive criticism is to analyze the work of others at their request, for the purpose of improving the outcome. Unlike criticism, it always identifies positive as well as negative aspects, usually including suggestions as to how to improve.

Also any opinion is valid. I never meant to say your is not a valid opinion. But I think everyone who wants to voice their concerns with your suggestions (or complaints) may do so. After all this is the "Alpha Discussion" forum.

For example; For a large collection I am a huge fan of a grid-based system. Seeing a lot of cards at the same time is very important for me.
    Does the current UI need some work? Sure. For example the top space could indeed be reduced to get more space to show cards (which you already stated). I for one think the current version is a step forward compared to the previous. I'm sure we will see more revisions, since this is a work in progress.
    Last edited by Kroan; 03-29-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Totally agree. The card manager, while much, MUCH, better than the buggy mess at the beginning of alpha (which is excusable of course!) Is very unorganized. Itd be better to have tabs in my opinion instead of dumping all the cards at once. Not only that but the filters could use some work. Personally speaking, I keep clicking, for example, troops thinking it'll filter out everything BUT troops. Instead its the reverse and i'm a sad panda. And I agree that theres a lot of wasted space. Maybe put a side panel with a text only list that is retractable? Card text is also virtually unreadable. Thankfully most important info shows up in tooltips, but for some cards I find myself squinting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejis View Post
    My only suggestion would be to have the search bar available separately. Minor issue to click a drop down menu I know, but I'd prefer it off at the top somewhere.
    Oh wow, I totally missed that at first glance because I didn't actually build a deck last night. Nice catch! The search bar definitely needs to be visible at ALL times. It's the fastest way by far to get the card you want, so it should be as easy as possible to access.

Also, I've been thinking about the whole filter thing for awhile now. It takes forever to unclick all the filter options if you're only looking for one type of card. Maybe we could make it so clicking on a filter turns it on/off, but CTRL+clicking on a filter turns off everything BUT the one you clicked? That would make it much faster to get to a single type of card (especially useful if you want a racial filter!).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

How about having seperate screens for "Card Manager" and "Deck Builder"?

Card manager, the way I see it, sounds more like an album where you show off your collection. You should be able to see all the cards you own, arranged how you like, and a way of seeing cards you don't own yet - like the blank spaces in a card album waiting to be filled. You should be able to make custom pages; say, a nice page of all your alt arts, a page of stuff you have marked for trade, and so on. And there should be an option to let other people browse your album. Showing off your collection is pretty fun; whether its your full page of completely unlocked double back cards, or your crazy collection of ten thousand Zodiac Shamans.

Then the Deck Builder needs to be pure deck building functionality; and it probably wouldn't hurt to have different versions for comstructed and limited. In constructed I have a good idea of what cards I'm going to use anyway, so the name typing thing is probably the most useful search tool. In liimted, as others have said, I like to use the pile method. Being able to drag around cards and add them to different piles would be useful. Having auto pile and counting tools for things like mana cost, troops vs non troops, etc. would also be useful. I know you can pile sort based on cost whislt your actually drafting; this is something that needs to be in the deck editor as well. (And a basic land guesser like the MtGO draft builder has for resources might be useful!)

We do already have plans to improve this screen and, thankfully, they match up with quite a few of the comments here. The most obvious example is the space taken up by the header. Some of those will come quickly and others will be phased in over time. We do appreciate the feedback both positive and negative.

Hate new card manager and UI ((

I hate new card manager. Too many wasted space. Cards text dont readable even on my 24" monitor. Cant manualy drag/sort/filter card piles while draft. So far UI almost unusable. I love game i love match UI but Card manger and overall UI expirence after patch making me go away from hex atm ((( I think UI its VERY important and Hoping to FULLY new UI in near future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shustro View Post
    I hate new card manager. Too many wasted space. Cards text dont readable even on my 24" monitor. Cant manualy drag/sort/filter card piles while draft. So far UI almost unusable. I love game i love match UI but Card manger and overall UI expirence after patch making me go away from hex atm ((( I think UI its VERY important and Hoping to FULLY new UI in near future.

Thanks
    BlueAvacado (CZE admin-y person, one of the dev team) has stated that they have plans to fix the wasted space etc. So whatever it is you hate about it right now, it should change, and hopefully soon.

Also, you should zoom in on any cards you want to read clearly. I am unsure if CZE plans to make small cards higher resolution due to load times.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Do we really need to keep starting new threads for this? I see 3 so far, all on the main page. Please use existing threads.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

It'd be nice to be able to sort by multiple parameters at the same time. For instance: by color then type then cost.

It's not much use to sort by a single parameter if the cards are in a jumbled mess within each group.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    How about having seperate screens for "Card Manager" and "Deck Builder"?
    I like this suggestion.

Remember Cory's blog post about thinking back to what makes pack opening so special? It would be good to have the same kind of treatment and thinking going into the card manager/deck builder UI.

E.g. for me at least, part of the joy of TCG/CCGs is seeing your collection grow and finding nice ways (in physical games at least) to store and view your cards. I like having binders that I can put cards into in various orders and this also then helps me go through and pick out cards. I've even considered framing sets of cards that I like the artwork for.

Anyway, my point being is that down the line it'd be very cool as Showsni says to have a nice viewable library that you can scroll/flip/fly through. It's not entirely practical, but I love the way FFG does fly-throughs of card collections in their video tutorials of their living card games, e.g. http://youtu.be/xsyEYk3SPsQ?t=50s

Imagine if their was a 3D pillar of call the cards in your collection your could rotate around and see gaps where cards are missing, sort by set, colour etc, or manually move them around.

As for the deckbuilder, there's plenty of great suggestions going around and it's good to see a Purple post come in by BlueAvocado. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.