Thread: Skarn issues

Skarn issues

Hi y'all,
    Just used the Skarn card(s) for the first time in a game, and I have a couple problems/questions/maybe bugs?

1. So each card plays off of when you play an action card, giving them a "permanent" att/def bonus, and in the first two cases transforming the card. However, once it transforms, it loses that "permanent" boost; so my kindling skarn goes from a 3/3 to a 2/2 burning skarn, etc. This doesn't seem like that should be the case to me, since in some situations it can dissuade me from playing another action to avoid loosing att/def points on a creature.

2. This could very well just be me not having a full knowledge of how the game works, but in my mind champion powers count as actions, and therefore should trigger the effects on the card. This is currently not the case. Should champion powers count as an action for the skarn family of cards?

My apologies if these have come up before; for some reason I can't do a search on the forums...

Only the final transformation gives a permanent boost, the rest are 'until end of turn'. As for champions, they count as abilities, or possibly even as 'nothing/special', and do not count as actions.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Wow, I somehow completely overlooked that "this turn" bit; I feel like a dope now...

Veteran Gladiator
    Damn Skarn would be insane if it was not until end of turn

Quote Originally Posted by Gulbech View Post
    Damn Skarn would be insane if it was not until end of turn
    In the right deck it is already insane. I can just imagine it in PvE with Prospero... /drool
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Veteran Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    In the right deck it is already insane. I can just imagine it in PvE with Prospero... /drool
    Prospero Burns, best deck name ever if anybody is a 40k fan.

On a slightly related topic. Kindling Skarn does not transform when I played 2 action during my opponent's turn (played 2 ruby aura and it did not transform) when it clearly said "At the end of each turn" and not "at the end of your turn"

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by esaotuelr View Post
    On a slightly related topic. Kindling Skarn does not transform when I played 2 action during my opponent's turn (played 2 ruby aura and it did not transform) when it clearly said "At the end of each turn" and not "at the end of your turn"
    Better to post bugs in the bug subforum if you want CZE to see them.