Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Isn't Banning of overpowered cards a strictly worse solution than nerfing them?

I think that system works amazingly well for Hearthstone, but when you involve trading and you take away the ability to turn mats into any pvp card it changes things entirely.

Just because a card is banned in one format doesn't mean that it is banned in all formats, with nerfing that is not the case. All the creating a second playable nerfed version ideas just seem like they add further clutter to the game / system. Banning is simple, it can easily be undone. When a ban is truly warranted it is probably because the card was oppressive on the meta, removing it enitirely is more interesting to me than replacing it with a weaker version only to find out that the meta hasn't shifted at all or any of the other various possibilities.

OT: We're going to consume/churn through sets a lot faster than our non-digital counterparts I would say, that does slightly factor into this discussion as well.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Since Hearthstone has been brought up a couple of times now, could someone explain to me how the Hearthstone secondary market and auction house work? I seemed to have missed those features when I tried it out and without those features it's comparing apples to oranges.

It's more like comparing apples to a picture of an orange that's glued to your hand and you can't take it off.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Wait, Hearthstone has an auction house? This is news to me.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Wait, Hearthstone has an auction house? This is news to me.
    That was Thrawn's point, sweetie. *pats head*

It was tongue in cheek.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Right, I was pretty confused. Especially since my girlfriend was just playing it a week ago for the Hearthsteed.

This is what sleep deprivation does to a person, children. It isn't pretty.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png