Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loading data takes forever sometime

Loading data takes forever sometime

Is there any way to speed up the loading data part of game. Some times it takes 3 mins and some times it hangs on the last 10 percent for another 3 to 4 mins.

That's probably just due to the traffic of how many people are trying to login at the time.

Some more info would be nice too. I'd like to see it flicker past "Reticulating splines" or whatever.

Gigantisaur
    It may be that once we migrate to the new servers that this is sped up a lot. Hope so anyway, as yes it often hangs at a certain point and takes a minute or so before logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by wasichu View Post
    Is there any way to speed up the loading data part of game. Some times it takes 3 mins and some times it hangs on the last 10 percent for another 3 to 4 mins.
    That sounds like it has more to do with your connection speed and/or computer specs more than any issue with the game. I've never had it take more than 15-20 seconds total.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    That sounds like it has more to do with your connection speed and/or computer specs more than any issue with the game. I've never had it take more than 15-20 seconds total.
    Your computer affects the load times I log in both my laptop and my desktop and my desktop is beastier and takes 15 times less than my laptop.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by chili View Post
    Your computer affects the load times I log in both my laptop and my desktop and my desktop is beastier and takes 15 times less than my laptop.
    Interesting, I didn't expect that to be the case. I always put it down to a server-side issue.
    I have a beefy computer and fast broadband (by Australian standards anyway), but I'd estimate a 30-45 second log-in time.

I don't think its my computer because its not consistent. If it was every time then yea, but I am guessing since it was Sat and tournament day alot were pinging the server. But there are days that it loads fast like 30 secs and then those that take like two to three mins.

Happens to me too. And def not computer or network, have 50 mbps down and $2k rig running the client.

It happens for me too. I can not play today neither yesterday. Loading data all time.....