Thread: security tokens ready for beta

security tokens ready for beta

Will token authentication be ready for beta?

I would hope so since beta is monetised and any hacked accounts could have a financial impact. The need is even more urgent now due to heartbleed exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Will token authentication be ready for beta?

I would hope so since beta is monetised and any hacked accounts could have a financial impact. The need is even more urgent now due to heartbleed exploits.
    I think the heartbleed exploits are what CZE mean when they say they want people to change their passwords to something unique to Hex.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I can't comment on the state of authenticators in Closed Beta, but hextcg.com did not have any credentials passed to it from users up until about 3 days ago (well after the world was aware of the HeartBleed exploit). 3 days ago when we added accounts functionality to the site we made sure that the SSL was not vulnerable to the HeartBleed exploit.

We want you to change passwords as a general precaution and not in relation to anything specific.

It's just generally good security to not re-use passwords because it's probably the number 1 way accounts get compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    I can't comment on the state of authenticators in Closed Beta, but hextcg.com did not have any credentials passed to it from users up until about 3 days ago (well after the world was aware of the HeartBleed exploit). 3 days ago when we added accounts functionality to the site we made sure that the SSL was not vulnerable to the HeartBleed exploit.

We want you to change passwords as a general precaution and not in relation to anything specific.
    Thanks for the quick update Chark. Can you perhaps mention if tokens are planned to be implemented at any point during the closed beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Thanks for the quick update Chark. Can you perhaps mention if tokens are planned to be implemented at any point during the closed beta?
    can I direct you to the part in his post where he specifically said he couldn't mention that? It'd be the very first thing he said.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeem View Post
    can I direct you to the part in his post where he specifically said he couldn't mention that? It'd be the very first thing he said.
    Theres a difference between current status and if it is even on the list...