Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Time: "Infinite" Combo

Johnny Time: "Infinite" Combo

Found one.
    While this "combo" is interesting and probably very boring for my opponents, It requires an Ideal situation and is pretty darned easy to stop. but if it goes off you take "infinite" turns, limited only by your opponent's health.

Very simple combo

The Transcendent + Time bug + Replicator's gambit

Combo Step 1: Replicate a time bug and transform the Transcendent. When you draw, you fish out your replicated time bug. Alternatively, have a time bug and Transcendent out, and play Gambit on time bug, first effect shuffles it in, second effect lets you fish it out.
    Combo step 2 Use your next turn to fish out another Gambit, and use it on a time bug (same one, different one, depends on the situation, I like repeating the same one) you will very quickly have a time bug swarm and a constant influx of turns, if you can damage your opponent consiseantly.
    Step 3: Profit.

Assuming the time bug and Transcendent live long enough for time bug(s) to attack next turn, (easily done with mastery of time, stoneskin, countermagic, etc) you can attack with all of them to get 3 extra turns. (Assuming also they are not blocked.)

I managed to do this vs AI fairly consistently.

My Decklist:

Deck name: Transcending Time
    Champion Betram Cragraven (for blockers)
    12 Sapphire Shard
    12 Diamond Shard
    4 Replicator's Gambit
    4 Ascetic Aspirant
    4 Time Bug
    4 Repel
    4 Countermagic
    4 Inner Conflict
    4 Solitary Exile
    4 Time Ripple
    2 Yesterday
    2 Mastery of Time

I packed this deck full of removal, so I can stay alive enough to combo off, and so I can make sure I can hit when I do pull off the combo.

Thoughts?
    IGN - Victory
    Guild Master Backer:
    http://i.imgur.com/W8LAtLe.png

Funny build thanks for sharing!
    This also leads to infinite Troops, barring doing 2 damage per turn until opponent dies. Really started to lag my client lol

The Transcended
    You need a Loregoyle if you want to be able to claim "infinite" ("unlimited" is more accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    You need a Loregoyle if you want to be able to claim "infinite" ("unlimited" is more accurate).
    Why exactly? If you are returning and tutoring the Replicated Time bug every turn, it is infinite. I don't see where you need recursion - though it wouldn't hurt.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

The Transcended
    Oh, right. Forgot the Bug reshuffling. Duh. Also, I was thinking that you had to recast Gambit over and over, but you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Oh, right. Forgot the Bug reshuffling. Duh. Also, I was thinking that you had to recast Gambit over and over, but you don't.
    Yeah, its a sweet combo - recycles itself, and fills up your deck to protect you from random combo breakers.

As your deck is it relies too much with how they have things set up for searching with the transcended. Previous versions of searching in the deck have been random before where you might not be able to figure out which time bug has Replicator's Gambit on it. To solve that problem I recommend using 1 time bug and 1 Replicator's Gambit in the deck. This makes the deck more stable and less relying on the transcended to get things done. Also this would give you more room so that you can add Buccaneer to this deck which works very well for both crowd control and to pick up the replicated time bug and put it back in play again.

Runt of the Litter
    once you get some replicated time bugs, wont it start taking a long time for you to figure out which time bug in your library is the one with gambit on it?

Combo decks are so silly, i really understand that people get a huge rush when the combo goes off, but its just not for me haha
    In-game name: Oonoes
    Twitter: @Gary3k -- Lets talk about hex! Need to playtest? Tweet at me!
    Formerly Zer0, it was too confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary3k View Post
    once you get some replicated time bugs, wont it start taking a long time for you to figure out which time bug in your library is the one with gambit on it?

Combo decks are so silly, i really understand that people get a huge rush when the combo goes off, but its just not for me haha
    Once you have 5 or so turns banked, you don't even need the bugs anymore. You just bring out a massive beater and win. 1 copy of the card shouold be enough, and almost anything with evasion will do.

Or just use the huge amounts of time bugs to literally eat away at their life.

These are all great tips for winning more consistently! I think you're kind of missing the point...

"I have 3 extra turns left and 17 time bugs on the field... The AI is at 3 life... I think I'll just attack with 2 to see if I can get 30 out!"
    -Me, vs the AI

but seriously, the extra gambits are there for many reasons, I once replicated a worker bot, played yesterday during my opponent's turn, and transformed the transcended in 1 turn very easily. Also, if you use gambit, the way the UI works now, the time bug that gets replicated is always added to the bottom of the list, it is very easy to find.

I did this deck with a Kraken too, which I also replicated, but it was more fun to swarm time bugs I think... I just tried to maximize the chances of pulling off the combo, not really very concerned with how to win. ^_^;
    EDIT: I also completely forgot that The transcendent is himself a 5/6, quite a decent beater if you've already got extra turns from time bug swarming.

I like to set achievements for myself like "Find an infinite turns combo" or "Eye of Creation for 10 by turn 3" or "Create a deck with exactly 4 of every card (even sources) that can win."

My next self inflicted achievement: Try to "Win the game using 'Sliver of the Immortal Spear' in a deck that doesn't contain 'Sliver of the Immortal Spear'"
    Last edited by vickrpg; 04-22-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    IGN - Victory
    Guild Master Backer:
    http://i.imgur.com/W8LAtLe.png