Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am a Bit Confused About Beta

I Am a Bit Confused About Beta

I'm sorry, but the latest updates are somewhat confusing. Can someone answer some questions for me please. I need to be ready when Closed Beta launches.

First of all, I have access to Alpha and I have played it almost every week after its launch. Now the questions:

Do I need to do something before Closed Beta, or do I just wait for it to launch and log in with the same password as with Alpha? Does the 'mirroring' of accounts mean exactly this? This term means nothing to me, and I am normally never involved in Beta (not to mention Alpha) stages of games, so this is all new to me.

Everything was pretty straightforward and clear until this paragraph:

"This is the account you will use to play HEX from now until the universe collapses upon itself, which is a pretty long time. In order to keep your account safe, please reset your password. Itís important that you use a password exclusively for your HEX account that you use nowhere else."

Do I need to change my password through the link in the 'HEX Closed Beta Accounts' post? Because it asks for my Beta key, which I don't have. Do I need a key at any point, if I was already using Alpha? Is this password change still required if you have played in Alpha, or is it meant for some other players? Will I be sent the key automatically if I need it?

How do I reset my password, if it asks for a Beta key I do not have?

All this leaves me a bit confused, so I'm just wondering if any measures are required before launch. Or is it just so easy for me that I simply wait for the Beta and log in exactly like with Alpha? That would be awesome. Thanks for the help in advance.

Some time this week you will receive a link to the beta client download in your email. Install the beta client from that link. Your Alpha account has been 'mirrored' (copied) onto the beta server, so your email address and password will be the same. They recommend you change the password after you install the beta client.

When you load up the Beta, you should see your account settings the same and instead of having access to all of the cards, you will receive a starter deck and any rewards from the Kickstarter/Slacker Backer that you've redeemed (info on that should be in the email as well.)

For now, sit back and wait for CZE to get their ducks in a row and enjoy your last few free drafts.

Ertzi, I think the best idea for you (to answer all your questions at once) is to wait for Beta day, and see what happens.

Yes, the mirroring copies your alpha login. The password reset is not working for a lot of people, but your password should be fairly secure (unless you use the same password in multiple places), but you should make it more secure when the option is available.

This is my exact plan - and if for some reason the password reset doesn't work when beta is out, a support ticket should always work.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningBuddha View Post
    Some time this week you will receive a link to the beta client download in your email. Install the beta client from that link. Your Alpha account has been 'mirrored' (copied) onto the beta server, so your email address and password will be the same. They recommend you change the password after you install the beta client.

When you load up the Beta, you should see your account settings the same and instead of having access to all of the cards, you will receive a starter deck and any rewards from the Kickstarter/Slacker Backer that you've redeemed (info on that should be in the email as well.)

For now, sit back and wait for CZE to get their ducks in a row and enjoy your last few free drafts.
    Thanks a lot for the crystal clear answers. Man, I love this community. In many other forums I think I would just have been insulted for my lack of knowledge. I wish I had more time to enjoy the free content though. I think I will use the last days to polish all my constructed decks, so I know exactly what cards to acquire in Beta

Thanks, Xen, as well, for the info. I shall wait patiently for more updates. I think I will buy all the starter decks just to give Crypto a cash injection. Then I get all the PvE coolness sooner

Thanks for the clarifications. One more thing:

I get that they will reset our collections and we will start with a starter deck and our kickstarter rewards. From here on out is our collection "to keep" or will they reset it again prior to release?

Once the reward codes are given, its for keeps - unless there is a catastrophic bug, in which case they wont have much choice.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Nothing much to add here...just really excited for the beta launch and hoping some of my friends get invited!

Also, getting our rewards is pretty cool. The "separation effect" may be interesting, hopefully everything works out.
    --------------------------
    Grand King
    Spectrasis

Orange Tracker

I actually just looked at the rewards on the KS page, just to get a better feel and reminder of what I'll be getting. It actually makes a bit more sense now since playing the game extensively.
    --------------------------
    Grand King
    Spectrasis

Orange Tracker

Only two more days folks (assuming all goes well). Cant wait!
    Contributor of the Hex TCG Wiki
    Pledges: Pro + 2x Collector + King

Determined Zombie
    So just checking that codes can be given between my accounts? I have grand king and 2x pro but want to change which email is assigned to which account. My grandking is on an alternate email and want to swap it with a pro to make it my primary email

After playing draft in alpha one a week will be tough so going to give pro accounts to my brother and brother in law instead

Guess we will find out, how codes work in about 48 hours
    Hex Keep Name: old lost because it had a space Castle Grayskull now PlunDarr