Thread: Proposal: Make tournament players leave draft room during tournament

Proposal: Make tournament players leave draft room during tournament

Hi there

I am playing Alpha since day one, and one thing I really miss since you installed sealed deck/draft: There is no possibility to leave the draft room without forfeit the draft

I guess everbody knows that feeling: You get a bye, or you just crushed your opponent 2 times (ok maybe he just did not found more than two shards in two games, but anyway ) and than you have to wait for about 30-45 minutes till next round starts. Boooring!

Of course you can surf the internet or do something else outside HEX, but WHY not just let us leave the draft room and do some games in Proving grounds, construct a new deck, just enjoy looking at your cards, open booster packs or whatever!

Guess its a win/win situation: We stay more on the game (and buy maybe a lot of booster packs during that time! $$$) and don't get bored to death during the wait.

Small step for HEX, but a big step for player community! I hope at least

Greetings

Dashgoor
    aka Morshadoom in HEX

I was told there's already a plan to make this happen

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike411 View Post
    I was told there's already a plan to make this happen
    Cory has talked a lot about how much he loves draft, and about how much he hates waiting around doing nothing during draft, so you can be sure they will be working on this feature if the CEO is pushing it.
    Member of Cornerstone & The Unnamed Council- Fan of hex.tcgbrowser.com - Has sigs turned off on the forum

The Transcended
    Cory is CCO not CEO, but yeah, they've said there will be "multi-tasking" available at some point in the future.

I really like the idea of being able to play the AI or better yet, PvE. Since it's AI, you can leave at a moments notice and it not even matter.

Has it been mentioned if PvE will actually "save state" in between an individual match so that when you came back later you would be EXACTLY where you left off?
    --------------------------
    Grand King
    Spectrasis

Orange Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by joseph5185 View Post
    I really like the idea of being able to play the AI or better yet, PvE. Since it's AI, you can leave at a moments notice and it not even matter.

Has it been mentioned if PvE will actually "save state" in between an individual match so that when you came back later you would be EXACTLY where you left off?
    That's the plan!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph5185 View Post

Check out this recent interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9TsHWtT2-w

Somewhere in there (sorry don't have time to find the exactly time) Cory mentions exactly that, that since it's AI the server just saves the state of the game and you can come back later.
    Great interview too.

Excellent video and, for the record, the part about the AI and PvE between PvP matches can be found @ 22:12.
    --------------------------
    Grand King
    Spectrasis

Orange Tracker

Runt of the Litter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejis View Post
    Check out this recent interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9TsHWtT2-w

Somewhere in there (sorry don't have time to find the exactly time) Cory mentions exactly that, that since it's AI the server just saves the state of the game and you can come back later.
    Great interview too.
    This would definitely get me to play PVE, even if I werent that interested in it.
    In-game name: Oonoes
    Twitter: @Gary3k -- Lets talk about hex! Need to playtest? Tweet at me!
    Formerly Zer0, it was too confusing.