Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep naming conventions

Master Theorycrafter

Keep naming conventions

From the Beta primer:
    The only exception to keeping your old name is if your name does not fit the current naming convention requirements.
    Can someone clarify what the "current" naming convention requirements are? My current keepname contains spaces and if this is not allowed anymore according to those new conventions, I would need to come up with a new keepname...

Spaces were never allowed really. Somehow it was possible to use them in the beginning though. Thats how I recall it.

Determined Zombie
    Mine has a space... Guess I will see if I have to change it when I login. Just remove the Space I guess Unless someone else has a spaceless version of my name
    Hex Keep Name: old lost because it had a space Castle Grayskull now PlunDarr

Gigantisaur
    Same thing here - it worked fine in Alpha, and of course it's a shame that it is different now.

What I find more difficult, though, is that suddenly it's a family name and not a keep name? How will it be used? Will an apostrophe be allowed?

Is "o'myOldeKeepName" allowed? Will that make sense within the framework later in the game, or will this string appear as

"This is MyPlayerName of the great and illustrious family of o'myOldeKeepName"?

Questions, questions. ;-)
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Well I think it was reading for me in battles last night as Lord Bacon (Bacon being the family name) Since you can't use spaces anymore in family name try instead capitalizing letters LikeThis to get your name across

My theory is that the change from Keep Name to Family Name was because a lot of people (not sure if most) wanted to use their regular internet pseudonyms and most of them don´t really fit as a Keep Name. For example I usually go by Rapkannibale and that is not really a good keep name. So now Rapkannibale would be my family name which I guess makes more sense since that is what you are identified with in chat, etc.

I do hope it doesn´t mean the whole "Keep" feature has been cut.
    Contributor of the Hex TCG Wiki
    Pledges: Pro + 2x Collector + King

Master Theorycrafter
    Ok guys, thanks already for this info, makes sense When I get back from work I'm going to get into closed beta and change my keepname then. During alpha I reserved a name that was tailored to the whole keep thingy rather than reserving my internet nickname. Good thing this is still closed beta and we have some kind of headstart before everyone is rushing in and throwing all their money at HEX

So, family name is the name that everyone going to see me as in chat and on the battlefield? I thought I understood it already... Confused again...
    HEX TCG Wiki Supporter

1x Pro / 2x King

Quote Originally Posted by LexC View Post
    So, family name is the name that everyone going to see me as in chat and on the battlefield? I thought I understood it already... Confused again...
    Yes. Just like Keep name was the name everyone saw in chat and on the battlefield.

When do we choose Keep name and when do we choose Family name? I'm so going to mess this up... >_>
    HEX TCG Wiki Supporter

1x Pro / 2x King