Thread: [Workaround Guide] Borderless Fullscreen Windowed Mode

Lightbulb [Workaround Guide] Borderless Fullscreen Windowed Mode

While this is currently in development and is being prioritized as an in-game option, it is not available yet.

However, you can achieve what you want with a free 3rd-party, open-source tool:

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming (Source)

1. Basically, download the latest version here: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderles...eleases/latest
    2. Launch HEX (past patcher) and set your video options to non-fullscreen at your native resolution
    3. Use Borderless Gaming and choose Hex from the left column and click the button that looks like an expanding square to turn it into borderless fullscreen windowed mode

I realize a lot of people are asking about it so I decided to dedicate a post to it.

This is a workaround and is not officially supported!

[On a side-note, this works for other games too. ]

I wish I could choose my native resolution but apparently 1920x1200 isn't supported

Quote Originally Posted by Auran View Post
    I wish I could choose my native resolution but apparently 1920x1200 isn't supported
    You could try forcing it through the registry where HEX settings are stored... but I wouldn't recommend trying unless you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran View Post
    You can try creating a shortcut of Hex.exe and in the target text box put -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1200
    When you launch it, if UAC ask for privileges deny it so that the patcher does not launch.

You can also use -popupwindow to run in borderless mode. I don't think it the command will take you out of full screen mode though so you need to put it into windowed mode with alt+enter and it should save after that.

Going full screen might reset the resolution as well, I don't know so if messing with the resolution I guess you could put it into borderless mode first and then add in the resolution commands.
    Last edited by Niedar; 04-24-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks, the borderless gaming tweak makes the game vastly more playable at 2560x1600.