Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Swiss Draft Tournaments come back?

Will Swiss Draft Tournaments come back?

Now with the tournaments still being down there's no knowing for sure, but right now there only is the 5-3-2-2 drafting queue and to be honest, in my opinion that is a great mistake.
    I got to play 2 draft tournaments on saturday and in both of my first rounds I got paired against somebody that obviously didn't have much experience with the game or drafts in general. They picked bad cards, chump attacked into my guys, made a lot of bad plays in general and so on.

Now that's a good thing for me obviously as I got into the next round without too much of a hassle, but it's in no way good for the guys I played and it's not healthy for the game as a whole. Those guys paid 7$/a draft ticket to play the draft and got completely steamrolled withoug knowing what happened to them.
    Those guys should be in the Swiss Queue where not only they get to play 3 rounds no matter how they fare but also get to play against other newbies (which in no way is meant to be insulting, everybody had to start once). Right now they'll probably draft again one or two times and then give up frustrated about always losing first round.

So tl;dr: Please bringt back the Swiss Queue as a second option for drafting ASAP

They will be coming back, just right now they don't want to pre-emptively splinter the player base more than necessary.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

I have to admit, swiss might have been better to start with. I still feel guilty for eliminating Colin in my first ever live (=payed) draft.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I have to admit, swiss might have been better to start with. I still feel guilty for eliminating Colin in my first ever live (=payed) draft.
    I'm sure Colin doesn't mind losing, since there is nothing left for him to win than the fun of playing :P

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kroan View Post
    I'm sure Colin doesn't mind losing, since there is nothing left for him to win than the fun of playing :P
    And I denied him that fun! I swear, I never felt so bad 2-0'ing someone.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kroan View Post
    With all the money he's spent he doesn't get even one free draft win? Isn't this supposed to be pay-to-win?

Master Theorycrafter
    I felt really bad when I won against Flint because of the tourney bugs (he got dc'd and stuck on something second game).
    At least if it was swiss he would have gotten a second chance to try his deck.

Anyhow I don't think we have to worry about splintering it.
    Most people will likely jump into the queue that's closer to being full anyways, not wanting to wait.
    Also, I hope once people finish their free draft runs we'll start seeing some sealed going on.
    I have a feeling it will be a little more interesting thanks to the shinhare buff patch from alpha end.
    Last edited by BlackRoger; 04-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.

Gigantisaur
    I think at this point there is enough of a player base to support multiple draft formats.

People want to draft now that things matter.

Yeah - IMO, they could add swiss draft.

And I think they should combine the constructed queues.

While I can agree to the not wanting to splinter the player base I absolutely think that Swiss would be the better way to go. People will lose interest in draft fast once they lost 3-4 drafts first round in a row.
    I'm not talking about guys like Colin but people who never drafted before or even never played a real TCG before Hex - those guys really shouldn't be forced to go into a single elimination row.