Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of these Champions is not like the other Champions

This isn't a discussion of current balance but rather a warning for future balance. I made it pretty clear in my original post that I'm not talking about OEO as it is now but in future sets. I still find it incredibly likely that within the next 2 years multi-color will be become significantly more consistent (Remember the multi-color shard on the auction house preview in the kickstarter?) and color mixing with OEO and some powerful self exhaust abilities will make something very strong. I suppose I'm not really asking the champion to be changed now, but for the developers to not forget about it when they are designing future sets and hit it before it makes a toxic impact.
    Last edited by Axle; 04-28-2014 at 06:21 PM.

And potentially drawing free cards each turn isn't going to be an issue, if not broken entirely? Trust me, control matchups with Wyatt going off every turn are going to be painful.

I don't deny OEO has the potential, but several champs do. Wyatt is a contender, as is Kranok (depending), and likely Bun'jitsu for massive troops (especially if there are ways to enhance those big beaters.)

But without the right cards there, OEO is probably the weakest, followed by Bun'jitsu, then Kranok (could be 1st if you can spare the health) and Wyatt as the top merc of the 4 most likely for abuse.

Although Tetzot already has a fun charge ramp resource deck themed around him already, that could be potentially broken later.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I'd agree that right now OEO has the easiest and most powerful abuse cases, with the aforementioned droo and acceleration being the obvious offenders. I like it, think it makes for neat decks, and it think it is pretty good in limited as well in several cases. I think its fine where it is, but don't think a bump to three would be ridiculous either.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    I'd agree that right now OEO has the easiest and most powerful abuse cases, with the aforementioned droo and acceleration being the obvious offenders. I like it, think it makes for neat decks, and it think it is pretty good in limited as well in several cases. I think its fine where it is, but don't think a bump to three would be ridiculous either.
    It already costs 3 charges...

Likely he meant to say four.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Likely he meant to say four.
    I thought so, but still.

4 isn't really great for OEO. In a non-abuse deck, 3 is already fairly steep. And it tends to not even be needed. But I can see the argument from both sides, and I wouldn't argue it if it was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Wyatt isn't hard to splash though - it goes in Saph/X almost every time. And its just a plain good effect. Hardly abusable, (yet) but certainly one of the most powerful champions and most overused for sure.
    Hint: Wyatt + Shrines of Prosperity. Even easier to get 4x in an artifact-heavy deck, thanks to Doppelgadget. 4 Shrines = every resource gives you a free extra draw.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Also, it's laughable that people are suggesting readying Droo for THREE CHARGES is overpowered and broken, considering Dwarven Turbine will ready him for 1 resource.

The developers clearly intended for there to be fun ways to not have to pay life to ready Droo when they designed him. It's a very common trope in card games to have cards with big disadvantages that can be partially nullified with clever deckbuilding.
    --ossuary

No one said it was overpowered with Droo. No one said the current interaction was what is wrong. All that was listed is current uses that makes it relevant. I would also never compare an actual card to a champion ability because champions are something that persist as free card advantage and are present in every game. People love to nitpick on the smaller picture though. It's great.

Only with people who continually insist on snidely dismissing other peoples' points in their responses.
    --ossuary