Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One of these Champions is not like the other Champions

You had a point?

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Also, it's laughable that people are suggesting readying Droo for THREE CHARGES is overpowered and broken, considering Dwarven Turbine will ready him for 1 resource.

The developers clearly intended for there to be fun ways to not have to pay life to ready Droo when they designed him. It's a very common trope in card games to have cards with big disadvantages that can be partially nullified with clever deckbuilding.
    This is such a terrible example on so many level. This is not what Axle is saying at all.

Your points deserve to be snidely dismissed when they are this incorrect.
    Your sig is probably embarrassing.

So then if you're not talking about the game as is, instead what could potentially happen much later... if this is literally the only thing which is overpowered by then they have definitely been doing something wrong. There should be tons of overpowered things to do if you're going to have access to all the cards at once.

The argument that he's OP now is invalid as is one down the line. Worry about things once they get there rather than saying, "The sky may or may not be falling x years from now."
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Oh wow this is like a giant cesspool of people who clearly know more than the people who made the game and aren't afraid to tell everyone else how dumb they are... I think I should jump in...

. if this is literally the only thing which is overpowered by then they have definitely been doing something wrong. There should be tons of overpowered things to do if you're going to have access to all the cards at once.
    Please clarify what this means? The game should have power creep?

. if this is literally the only thing which is overpowered by then they have definitely been doing something wrong. There should be tons of overpowered things to do if you're going to have access to all the cards at once.
    To me it seems pretty likely an entire type of card (cards that exhaust to use an ability) will become strong enough to interact with the champion in an improper way down the line. Even readying two troops with powerful exhaust abilities is strong use of it surpasses the other charge powers in a single activation. Worrying about it later means a week of tournaments or more (depends on whether they do in-house testing on the change) being ruined by a deck that everyone hurries out to buy only for it to become destroyed by a champion changing. Hurts consumer confidence in that sense I guess?

X deck is introduced into the meta
    people buy cards for x deck
    CZE reworks y champion because cards were never designed to be spammed in mass (ex: untapping 3 cards) without requiring using another card. Since champions are free and persistent in every game, I dunno if I'd really consider it a combo.
    People are now incredibly annoyed with their purchase

Isn't that customer reaction similar to the entire point of never nerfing cards once they are released? It's better to react before it happens.
    Last edited by Axle; 04-28-2014 at 10:07 PM.

@Axle: To clarify what I'm talking about is not in regards to power creep in any way. Power creep is generally used to describe the power level of INDIVIDUAL cards increasing over time.

What I'm talking about is much more akin to vintage. Once there are 10 sets out I'm sure you'll be able to pull a card from set 1 3 and 7 and all the sudden have some bonkers combo interaction. Most likely something way stronger than anything you could pull off with One Eye.

Champions are likely to rotate in and out, but even more likely is that there will be various formats and there won't be ONLY one sanctioned constructed format that contains all of the cards available.

I don't see what the problem is.

Oh one last note in regards to the nerfing comment. Nerfing champions / gems where all players have equal and uninhibited access I can't see any reason not to adjust them if they're not fitting the intended design goals and there turn out to be unforeseen consequences.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

CZE put already some thought into this champ, OEO is in diamond, the shard with the least abuse possibilities.
    good potential combos are in wild/sapphire/ruby, so to use this power you have to splash diamond only for the champion.

If too strong combos get enabled with future sets there is always the potential change to ready 1 troop for 2 charges or all troops for 4 charges.
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1

@Oss Re: Wyatt. The issue (for now) with shrines, is that it takes a lot of dedication, and slots that control needs for other things. I bet in set 2 it will be more optimal.

Man, I love shrine though. And dopplegadget.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Gigantisaur
    Guys chill... CZE has all sorts of space to play with this stuff, and champions.

They can kill this champion forever and ever and replace her with a nerfed one eventually if they need to.

Its that simple.

So, for right now this is a problem with an efficient solution, that doesn't need a big huge debate. If its a problem sometime down the line, they have all the space they need (I believe they even reserved the right to balance champions post launch) to fix things.