Thread: High Tomb Lord somehow survived massive Burn To The Ground

The Transcended

High Tomb Lord somehow survived massive Burn To The Ground

AI Kranok had High Tomb Lord out as a 4/4. I had Chimes. I played Burn To The Ground for 9, targeting Kranok with the base copy and Tomb Lord with the Chimes copy. Lord survived at 5/1 after first BTG, then ended as 6/2.

First off, even if my BTG only did damage equal to Tomb Lord's current defense, that should still have been enough because the BTG shouldn't be in the grave until it is done resolving so Lord shouldn't get the extra +1 until he's already dead. Secondly, even if that's not right, dealing +5 more than Lord's current defense should DEFINITELY do it.

That's a pretty big bug. Looks like it stopped counting damage at zero, even though it should have had less than that, and then the BtG going to the graveyard pumped it up one defense. That's... stupid.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Yoss, someone posted a similar issue about this, the card goes into the graveyard before the effect resolves. The card activates, goes onto the stack. The card is then put into the graveyard, and then counters can be played on the stack, else the stack resolves. So the tomb lord would have been 5/5 with 1 BTG. Confirmed.

That said, the other part sounds like a bug. Did you cast 1 + 8 or 1 + 9? Because if you casted 1 + 8, it sounds like the bug split the X you paid for amongst the 2 targets, instead of doing that to both targets. I will have to check this out.

Now that said. How did someone get a HTL out there and it only was a 4/4? lol Did not much get played before bringing him out?
    Last edited by Diesbudt; 07-20-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Hex is a MMO-TCG
    *** There is 3 very important letters in this game's genre.
    Hex - Collector Tier Kickstarter Backer
    In-Game name: Ashmander

Gigantisaur
    I thought X cost cards got a 0 for X when they got copied by Chimes. If the original 9 X was targeted at Kranok, I'm surprised the Tomb Lord took any damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MatWith1T View Post
    I thought X cost cards got a 0 for X when they got copied by Chimes. If the original 9 X was targeted at Kranok, I'm surprised the Tomb Lord took any damage at all.
    No that was a bug in alpha. If you copy with chimes say 8 for x. Both copies get 8.

Also Yoss I tested it, and I believe what ossu is saying is correct. Since it isn't a static card like burn or ragefire that says deal X damage, it counts until it hits 0 and then stops dealing damage.

I even tried chimes BTG targeted high tomb lord both times. And he survived both of them. (he was a 6/6, BTG was dealt for 10, (1 + 10))

6/6 -- > 7/1 --> 8/1
    Hex is a MMO-TCG
    *** There is 3 very important letters in this game's genre.
    Hex - Collector Tier Kickstarter Backer
    In-Game name: Ashmander

We should try testing this with a Ruby Lance that's high enough damage to kill the Tomb Lord even with the +1, to see what happens, and confirm that it's X damage spells that are the problem.
    --ossuary

Would love to see a CZE response here, this is definitely a bug. Needs to be fixed before open beta.
    --ossuary