Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does returning to hand reset modifications to a card?

Does returning to hand reset modifications to a card?

The things that are usually accomplished by auras in M:TG are done with permanent changes to a cards stats. I looked through the FAQ but I can't find an answer to this - do cards revert when they change zones (e.g. go to the discard pile from play or get returned to hand)? Sorry if this is covered somewhere - can't find it if so.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by cferejohn View Post
    The things that are usually accomplished by auras in M:TG are done with permanent changes to a cards stats. I looked through the FAQ but I can't find an answer to this - do cards revert when they change zones (e.g. go to the discard pile from play or get returned to hand)? Sorry if this is covered somewhere - can't find it if so.
    No changes to cards are permanent (unless reverted) and changes therefore remain even when the card changes zone.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Quote Originally Posted by cferejohn View Post
    Changes are permanent for the remainder of a given game, no matter where the card ends up. Lots of folks have not caught on to the completely awesome power of Reversion yet.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Reversion is very good and pretty much no one plays it.

*edit, Colin beat me to it.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Made a swift addition to the wiki: http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Permanent . When time allows it, I should upgrade all those pages, but at least the information is already there.
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Hmm, that's kind of a kick in the teeth for bounce effects (though I guess you have things that bounce and modify now - maybe a 'bounce and revert' in the future).

How about the various types of counters? Do they remain "on" a creature if it is bounced/killed?

Yes, revert takes care of counters too.

There are also no tokens, everything that generates a card creates a real card that persists for the duration of the game as well.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Remember you can also revert your own things if they got a permanent negative effect.
    Contributor of the Hex TCG Wiki
    Pledges: Pro + 2x Collector + King

Also bouncing something that has counters on it does not remove the counters from the card like say a construction plan or soul marble will still have it's current charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Yes, revert takes care of counters too.

There are also no tokens, everything that generates a card creates a real card that persists for the duration of the game as well.
    There are several cards that explicitly generate tokens as counters (the incantations, Soul Marble, etc). Do those counters persist if the card is somehow moved between zones? I'm not sure if there's a way to move constants between zones, but there may be eventually.