Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Mechanics Questions

Random Mechanics Questions

I thought it would be neat to start a thread on this, so we can all learn the subtle ins and outs of our Set 1 library. So to begin, here's my question:

Does Shrine of Propersity's triggered effect stack? As in, if I have two shrines out, and reveal a Countermagic, will it get -1 cost, or -2 cost?

Thanks!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    -2 cost

Nothing says it won't stack, so it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilesin View Post
    -2 cost

Nothing says it won't stack, so it will.
    This is correct - all the shrines buffs stack. So shards give +1 charge per shrine out, and troops gain +1/+1 per shrine out.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and the more interesting and the more asked ones will be added to the wiki. Consider the Shrine of Prosperity question added.
    The Gamepedia Hex Wiki is always looking for more editors.
    Just go to any page you want to edit and press edit! If it's missing then you can add it.
    Check the Help Section to get started!
    (Optionally, you can make an account, but that's not even required!)

Fun tricks to do with multiple Shrines of Prosperity in play:
    • combine with Venomscorn's charge power to turn all resources into super cheap troop debuff / removal
    • combine with crimson clarity for super cheap and unexpected mana boost (up to 3 resources for free!)
    • cast an X casting cost spell for zero resources that still does something! - Burn to the Ground for 0 resources does 3 damage with 4 Shrines in play
    • ultimate weenie deck - all your 1 casting cost troops are probably 5/5, and play oath of valor for free
    • lots of other dumb fun stuff
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I doubt that you can get free resources on X cost spells. At best, you could drop the other required cost down to 0 and have a 0X Eye of Creation, for example.
    Catch me in game: Atavism

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    I doubt that you can get free resources on X cost spells. At best, you could drop the other required cost down to 0 and have a 0X Eye of Creation, for example.
    No, you really do get 'free resources'. Confirmed and even live, it works flawlessly and is fairly intuitive when you get used to it.

Nope, that is the expected behaviour, confirmed by CZE staff. If you have enough cost reducing effects to make the base cost of the spell less than zero, you can play it with an X greater than zero and still end up with a total cost of free.

It does not grant you resources (nothing does that), it just allows an X of greater than zero combined with the rest of the cost at negative something, for a grand total of zero.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    It does not grant you resources (nothing does that), it just allows an X of greater than zero combined with the rest of the cost at negative something, for a grand total of zero.
    You worded that poorly Oss Crimson clarity, Howling brave, the shards themselves... All give you 'free resources' under specific conditions.

There is no refunding free resources with a cost less than zero, is a better way to put it. Although that sounds odd to me still.

Ah. I sit corrected.
    Catch me in game: Atavism