Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: $15 - per month VIP Program, make it Happen

Quote Originally Posted by mudkip View Post
    Eventually, I would like to see a $15-$20/month option that contains ~30 packs/month and 500-1000 plat/month of tournament entry tokens
    But something that sizeable is devaluing plat. Now you get people who come in and see that saying that any more packs you want per month are 'expensive', now if you want more than 500-1000 plat/month it's a 'rip off'. They would calculate the value of packs and plat based on the subscription and say that's how much extras should cost as well.

The current level of VIP is a nice little bonus, but nothing that affects the economy because the scale is limited.
    Amatyr, Grand King + Collector

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    What incentive does CZE have to basically double your money for you? ($28 in packs and Platinum + the tourney entry) They'd be directly devaluing Platinum, and therefore everyone's collections.

Granted, the current VIP does that a little, but nowhere close to on the same scale.

The best idea I've seen in this thread is $10-15 for unlimited draft entry fees. So, you'd still have to buy packs, but if you draft a LOT, you'd eventually start making it worth it. And, on the upside, CZE continues to sell lots of packs.
    They get more stable monthly income (instead of the less reelable pattern if buying packs/platinum when needed), and the discount lowers the barrier to transition between free to play and paying to play (the first purchase is the hardest to get someone to make). That's presumably the same reasoning behind the existing VIP.

And 12 packs ($24 value) plus 400 plat ($4 value) for $15 is slightly less than the discount you get for the current VIP (4 packs for $4) percentage wise.

The problem with "unlimited drafts" (and all the other draft focussed ideas) is it's only appealing to people who draft, which is going to be a pretty tiny portion of the overall Hex player base in the long run (as a back of the envelope estimate: 1/2 the game will be PvE, 1/2 of PvP is limited and 1/2 of limited is Draft, giving Draft on the order of 1/8 of the gameplay).

Quote Originally Posted by mudkip View Post
    Eventually, I would like to see a $15-$20/month option that contains ~30 packs/month and 500-1000 plat/month of tournament entry tokens, delivered in parts either daily or weekly. The reason for this is I'd like a subscription that I can use as a soft-limit to my budget. If I want to spend more it's great to have that option, but it would also be nice to know I don't *have* to.

I came up with this plan, as for each 3-month set, I would guess that ~100 packs/set would be an optimal "fun" amount to open/draft with and $45-$60 is great value for the amount of fun over 3 months.

Also let me emphasise "eventually" - as in no earlier than 4th Set. If this came in now it would decimate the early economy which is already saturated with Set 1.
    That would be insane no matter how long they waited to do it. Why would the devalue their product like that? Thats not even in line with the current VIP discount of 50% 0_o