Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $15 - per month VIP Program, make it Happen

$15 - per month VIP Program, make it Happen

This is a thought that occurred to me the other day. Hex is the first MMO TCG, perhaps they should include a subscription model that treats it as such. In many MMOs the common monthly fee is $15 per month and people are used to paying this specific amount. Not only does this let them enjoy the game but it helps fund development so additional content can be added.

Perhaps it would be prudent for the developers to consider such a subscription plan for Hex. Of course we already have the $4 per month VIP program, and there is alot of value there; however, I think there is another demographic out there (myself included) that would like to pay a bit more per month if the benefits were there.

Personally a $15 subscription would be something I would very much be interested in, and I am sure others would be interested as well. If the developers could create a compelling program for $15 per month that adds value, would this be something you would like to see included in the game?

Why or why not? Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I hope a few of the developers see this as well, I think a standard monthly subscription model would really benefit the game.
    Last edited by Perfectblue; 05-09-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Well, what type of things are you hoping the $15 sub would give you?

VIP should never be anything that gives you a marked advantage over other players for paying more. Even the current VIP system only gives you a very marginal discount a month off boosters.

Instead of a pack a week they could do a draft ticket a week I guess. I don't really see many options other than something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Well, what type of things are you hoping the $15 sub would give you?
    Personally, I'd like to see a subscription option for those who don't care about the "collecting" part of the game.

So for a monthly fee you'd be able to "rent" a playset of everything.

High Tomb Lord
    I support this product and/or service.

Yeah, this is something I think they should do. It could be like normal VIP except scaled up.

That....is actually reasonably priced compared to how they do the boosters for regular VIP. A draft a week for $15/month...but I doubt they will do that because that is a reward they already have for Pro tier.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOpponent View Post
    That....is actually reasonably priced compared to how they do the boosters for regular VIP. A draft a week for $15/month...but I doubt they will do that because that is a reward they already have for Pro tier.
    How is that in conflict with pro players? They're still getting their drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    So for a monthly fee you'd be able to "rent" a playset of everything.
    That would destroy the economy imo. Nobody would have a reason to purchase cards since it would be significantly cheaper for $15/mo and have everything to play with.

Pro players would be THRILLED about that because it would probably stack with their drafts, so they will get free drafts AND half price drafts.

Its also about on par, discount-wise, with what VIP packs are already priced at. I really like the draft ticket idea.

Keep Name: Slein
    Guild: Clan Blackblade
    I am a designer by heart, so expect me to shout out half baked ideas at a moments notice.