Thread: Wind Whisperer and Pheromones incorrect interaction (and frozen interface)

Wind Whisperer and Pheromones incorrect interaction (and frozen interface)

In the tournament I was just eliminated from (Draft Tournament number 11234), I was playing my first match of the second round vs xBatman. During the first main phase his turn, he played pheromones on a 0/1 battle hopper. I responded by exhausting that troop with my Wind Whisperer. However, when he attacked with all the other creatures, not only was I unable to declare blockers, but I was unable to pass priority. When I hit escape to try and report a bugged game, the client was unresponsive. Keep in mind that the Battle Hopper affected by Pheromones was NOT in combat, and had been exhausted prior to the start of combat. I intend to file a support ticket for this, but has anyone else experienced this particular weirdness? A brief keyword search indicated that some people were having problems regarding priority and the use of the exhaust ability, but this was pretty clearly resolved in the first main phase, not when combatants were declared.
    King Tier KS, MTG afficionado

I had a similar situation, I reported it here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35467.

It will lock up the game if the card with pheromones is not involved in combat. Even if he didn't attack with the battle hopper if you didn't use the wind whisperer it would have still locked up the game. Then all you can do is wait for your turn clock to expire, which could be exploited in early game.

I had a similar problem in a draft where I couldn't activate the Windwhisperer's ability on my opponents turn to tap down the creature he was crushing my face with. The ability would only go active once my opponent had declared attackers; I tried tapping the creature then but it didn't keep it from hitting me.

Quote Originally Posted by iscariotrex View Post
    I had a similar problem in a draft where I couldn't activate the Windwhisperer's ability on my opponents turn to tap down the creature he was crushing my face with. The ability would only go active once my opponent had declared attackers; I tried tapping the creature then but it didn't keep it from hitting me.
    thats most likely because you have not set every stop in the options.
    I highly recommend to do so! (try it out vs AI)
    If you have not set all the stops the enemy can and will just skip to the combatphase and attack.

If you have every stop, you can exhaust the enemy troop:
    - before his draw step
    - at the end of his 1. Mainphase
    - prior to declaring attackers in his Combatphase
    - whenever something goes on the stack

BTT:
    So pheromones locks up the game if the targeted troop does not attack, while beeing on the warzone?
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1