Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1296

Thread: Hex sued by MTG

Hex should just go ahead and introduce the secret 6th color early to differentiate. Come on, Cory, we all know you're saving it for a few years down the line. Hex? Six? Come on... stop fooling around.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Hex should just go ahead and introduce the secret 6th color early to differentiate. Come on, Cory, we all know you're saving it for a few years down the line. Hex? Six? Come on... stop fooling around.
    It would actually be awesome for HEX to add a new color every two years or something. That faction could then come in as part of some huge event and blow everything wide open Nothing would prevent that in an all-digital format. Well... maybe Limited balancing would be a problem, but they could use the new colors only in PvE. I would love that. You would never know what to expect.

6th color introduced at the start of the 2nd block. Yes pls.

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment. If someone has already made up their mind, whether or not it's based on good evidence doesn't really matter, it won't make us look good by harping on about it to them, it will just convince them even more that we're desperately trying to justify it. Far better to just let those kinds of comments slide (those people may come around in time, once the game is actually out and gaining popularity), and focus only on the blatant misinformation in the nicest way possible.
    I mean..they're on a site called boardgamegeek. I expect them to be the last people who see the benefits of a digital card game.
    Last edited by Axle; 05-19-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavon View Post
    Quick, move the shards to a separate deck and have one automatically and randomly played each turn. Solves the resource screw issue and takes away one of WotC's bullets at the same time.
    Great suggestion.
    Not only a major improvement to the game - eliminating the extreme (and unfun) cases of volatilty gone wrong, but also gets rid of more than 1 similarity - deck size would no longer have to be 60, the shards could even not be cards at all).

Rock League Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by a-V-e-n View Post
    Great suggestion.
    Not only a major improvement to the game - eliminating the extreme (and unfun) cases of volatilty gone wrong, but also gets rid of more than 1 similarity - deck size would no longer have to be 60, the shards could even not be cards at all).
    that would solve the resource screw problem, but it would lead to a new problem -
    you have most time every bomb ready in the shortest time (maybe not fist due to 6
    wild shards, but most of the others).

getting screwed or flodded needs to stay a part of the game.

but changing resources + cards in 2 pools might be ok, but choose at random from which pool you draw...

you can show on the players screen 2 seperate decks and on the opponents screen only 1 - that he cant see how many resources you have.

asdf.jpg
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

These improvements are all well and good. The real question though is why didn't they use any of these in the first place? Maybe because it didn't work well enough?

Looking from a different perspective though, their solution shouldn't have been to use whatever works in this other game and run with it.

As for thr color-pie, I haven't read the BBG topic yet. What bugs me about the whole thing though is that the similarities are a little too much. Some properties of certain colors aren't that obvious in MTG to begin with, yet HEX has that properties in that same color as well. This can't be coincidence. Don't you think?

One quick thing that comes to mind is "small creatures in white". Why? Why can't we have red-weenie in hex instead? And why card drawing/being smart is blue? Wouldn't common association be white?

yea some cards would need rebalancing if you are goin to warrant a resource every turn it would require alot of testing and given they are already in set 3 testing i dont think that it would be an option... plus would make the game feel a bit to much like hearthstone...

Quote Originally Posted by maniza View Post
    yea some cards would need rebalancing if you are goin to warrant a resource every turn it would require alot of testing and given they are already in set 3 testing i dont think that it would be an option... plus would make the game feel a bit to much like hearthstone...
    Feel like the most popular TCG on the market that keeps growing in size? How horrible!

"If it's not broken, why fix it?" (Cory)
    That could be an Epitaph. It almost hurt me as I read it on the WOTC demands.
    Last edited by SamCube; 05-20-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamCube View Post
    "If it's not broken, why fix it?" (Cory)
    That could be a Rest in Peace kind of sentence. It almost hurt me as I read it on the WOTC demands.
    Right? This shouldn't have happened to begin with. Borrow something is fine. Having something similar is ok. Making the whole thing play out nearly the same way down to the small details is just... Weird. This is from player perspective too, not legal perspective.