Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex sued by MTG

I thought I would give my 2c as well: in May 2013 I had found out about Hex and the KS campaign. Up until then I had 0 contact with TCG, except the few cards I had from the Collector's editions of WoW TBC and Cata. I liked the art on those cards but I have never played or collected cards. Before I jumped into the KS bandwagon I have read the posts here and found out about MTG also. I am a PVE player all the way(I love lore and reading and so on), never cared much about the PvP parts of any game. After I have plegded for king tier I couldn't wait till we got Hex alpha (was hoping for a PvE as early as that ) so I started looking into MTG and I saw the vastness of it. I saw the Duel Decks they had and I bought one to play with my daughter. We enjoyed it a lot, so I bought another Duel Deck and 2 Intro Decks (Gatecrash iirc). I also bought Duels of the Planeswalker on iPad which we enjoyed a lot. To keep a long story short, I have started to collect MTG cards and Duel Decks and I managed to have them all (including Elves vs. Goblins), which is to say that, up until now I have put some 2000 USD into MTG and 100 USD into Hex (but don;t tell my wife about it, kk?).
    So, if it weren't for Hex, I would have never found out about MTG, not to mention paying as much as I did.
    I think there has to be a healthy enviroment in which competion should exist so that games (products) should evolve improving themselves so that all (gamers, players and companies) can win and I am sure there is place on the market for all.
    Wow, that was longer than intended

Rock League Champion
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

So, you think breaking the law is funny?

As much as this whole situation sucks, I find the idea of a courtroom full of people watching the KS video of Cory robbing a bank, shooting a clown, dealing out of the office, and being a man whore pretty hilarious. I wonder if Hasbro's lawyers are going to try to use it to demonstrate the kind of man they're dealing with here. A man that would do anything!!! You better be ready for it Cory.

Rock League Champion
    jfi: nobody has broken any law at the moment - dont judge before the judges...
    in the us you can sue anybody for anything... lets wait and see.
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

You mean a man that puts fun and what he likes before money? A man who follows his dream? :P
    I'd vote for that man (since the EU ellections are this week-end)...

I think it's hilarious when any sort of "Internet" thing leaks into legal proceedings. I remember seeing one legal document with a stupid meme badly screenshotted(browser window and all) and labeled "Fig 1". The idea that a judge and possibly a jury had to look at that just makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    I think it's hilarious when any sort of "Internet" thing leaks into legal proceedings. I remember seeing one legal document with a stupid meme badly screenshotted(browser window and all) and labeled "Fig 1". The idea that a judge and possibly a jury had to look at that just makes me laugh.
    Articles keep mentioning the Triple Town suit with "Lolapps." I'm sure it would have been hard to keep a straight face every time someone said "Lolapps"

Quote Originally Posted by GatticusFinch View Post
    It's not, you're wrong, sorry. There cannot be a copyright lawsuit over Halo and Call of Duty because they both have guns on the screen. An FPS is an idea; a TCG is an idea. Doom is an expression of an idea; Hex and Magic are expressions of an idea. This should not be that hard to understand, but you are apparently going to die on that hill.

You can keep telling me that I'm "not comprehending" the issues, but the fact of the matter is only one us could actually dispense legal advice without committing a felony and it's not you. You keep weaving back and forth between three different legal theories into one giant clusterunicornpoop of a misunderstanding of the law and then telling the people who actually do this for a living that they don't know what they are talking about?
    But doesn't WotC hold that it owns "TCG?"

Of course they own TCGs! They are "the worlds best strategy game" after all, despite yugioh surpassing them in sales ages ago and also surpassing them in tournament event attendance.

Wow, this thread is going to reach 100 pages of people just saying the same things over, and over, and over, and over. Kind of impressive really.