Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WoF Causing Disappearing Boosters

When I had it happen last night I only played the Sealed Tourney( so no tickets ). I didn't spin any WoF. In the third round of the game my opponent had dropped out so I got a win and I just sat in the lobby until the round finished and I got the rewards notification. I then also read the in game mail. Then I went and checked my pack totals and saw I had lost another one. I think I did load the WoF screen but only so I could see my chest totals easier(I do have the correct number of Chests).

One thing to note is that its possible that this bug is only taking away packs won via WoF. Since I had packs disappear and hit a number that basically negated all WoF won packs I haven't seen any more disappear and I've played another 4 drafts(and have been taking screenshots of my stash before and after each draft). I also haven't won any more packs via WoF.

Hmm... so possibly entering a tournament after having won a pack from Wheels of Fate, can delete all record of that pack from the records on your account? Such that the server-side count of your number of packs owned and opened are both reduced by 1, so it looks right on their end? Possible (mathwise). Will need CZE response to confirm.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Hmm... so possibly entering a tournament after having won a pack from Wheels of Fate, can delete all record of that pack from the records on your account? Such that the server-side count of your number of packs owned and opened are both reduced by 1, so it looks right on their end? Possible (mathwise). Will need CZE response to confirm.
    Oh god, I hope not. I don't have a record of all my packs from WoF (been lazy since I got sick.) I could have lost multiple packs because of this and not even have known it. I am absolutely sure that I did a draft last night after winning a pack, and my pack number dropped from 48 down to 45 when I relogged.

I had just put that down to a display error, but I am a little worried now.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

The card counts appear to be always accurate from what I've seen so far. I wouldn't worry unduly. Even if this is the case (it seems pretty unlikely - I was just saying that mathematically, it fits), CZE can use the card counts to reverse-engineer their DB to fix the packs owned vs opened counts.

It would be a pretty trivial query to write, no matter what scripting language their DB uses. Just compare the "packs opened" field to the card counts, apply formulas to reduce the card count number by whatever custom things each KS tier has, and you get your total cards from packs. If that number isn't 15x your packs opened, your account got hit by the bug, and they retroactively increase the pack counts for all the affected players in a batch job. Problem solved. They wouldn't even need bug reports from anyone, they could fix it all at once on the backend.
    --ossuary

We believe we have this figured out.
    Once we get the next server patch in, we should be able to recover the 'lost' packs, since they are fully accounted for.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DataDragon View Post
    Once we get the next server patch in, we should be able to recover the 'lost' packs, since they are fully accounted for.
    This is for everyone I assume? I don't know if I actually lost any, so if this accounts for everyone, I will be keeping an eye on it just to be sure.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by DataDragon View Post
    There, see? I knew they would figure it out.

Now if we could just get a similarly pleasing answer in the other thread!
    --ossuary

I had 6 packs(definitively) and have only opened them via drafts. Couldn't resist the WoF itch and ended up rolling an extra pack -> 7. Entered tournament and lost in round 1. Tried to requeue and said insufficient funds. Stash showed 4. Closed client and relogged and now showed only 2 packs. So the wheel actually removed a pack from my inventory instead of awarding one. >_< Going to hold on any more spins/tournaments until patch.

I have drafted 55+ times now, and won maybe 4 packs on wheel. Hopefully if I was affected by this it will be resolved for me along with everyone else...