Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug or Glitch? Opened 10 packs, got 8 treasure chests

Bug or Glitch? Opened 10 packs, got 8 treasure chests

Subject says it all.

I went to the store and hit the arrow to open 10 packs. After reviewing the cards I received (no legendaries - boo!) I went to my inventory and had only received 8 treasure chests (6 common, 2 uncommon).

I exited the client and logged back in, but the counts had not changed. I waited a half hour and checked again, still the same.

I know for sure there are 2 missing, because the total number of treasure chests I have are 2 less than the total number of packs I have opened and drafted. I have kept meticulous records of all the packs I've opened, all my tournament winnings, all the Wheels of Fate rolls I've done and what the payouts were, all the upgrades and whatnot I've gotten to the existing chests, and what my current totals for each type of chest (both spinnable and non-spinnable) should be. There are absolutely 2 fewer of them than there ought to be.

I've already filed a ticket with support about this... just wondering if anyone else has seen this sort of thing happen in the last little while?
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I haven't been opening packs that way, but have heard of other people having that problem.

I have noticed packs disappearing from draft tournaments. I know that draft tournaments are supposed to use 3 packs, but sometimes 4 packs are been removed from my Inventory instead. Like you I have been keeping meticulous records of my packs, chests, rares/legendaries, and Wheel of Fate rolls. The missing packs are simply that they are being removed without being opened even (otherwise I'd be seeing the rares/legendaries and chests)

Hero of Adamanth
    had a similar problem today (got 4 Common 2 Uncommon and 2 Rare Chests from 10 packs) - couldn't find the other 2 (they wern't Legendary)

I haven't gotten a response from support on this yet, but it's been less than 24 hours. I just hope I get an answer before the weekend, since I know GameForge support doesn't currently work on the weekend. I want to draft some more, but I don't want to mess with my totals until everything gets resolved. So I guess I just have to sit on my hands for now.

This kind of stuff just goes to show how important it is to update the UI ASAP to show exactly what you get, any time you get it. Even when you're going into draft, there should be a little popup window off to the side or something that says "You received the following treasure chests from your draft: blah blah blah." You should never have to go digging around in your inventory later to work out what you received. That's poor design.
    --ossuary

Thanks for the report. We're looking into this but have never heard of or seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    This kind of stuff just goes to show how important it is to update the UI ASAP to show exactly what you get, any time you get it. Even when you're going into draft, there should be a little popup window off to the side or something that says "You received the following treasure chests from your draft: blah blah blah." You should never have to go digging around in your inventory later to work out what you received. That's poor design.
    It was never designed to work this way. It is a known issue and being worked on.

Hey Rex, thanks for the update! I appreciate it.

If you need any additional info from me to investigate in more detail, feel free to PM me.
    --ossuary

Looking at your inventory, I see you have 89 treasure chests. Is that what you see as well?
    Counting up your unused packs, used packs, I get 89 as well.
    Everything seems to match up on this end, so I wonder if its a client display issue.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DataDragon View Post
    Looking at your inventory, I see you have 89 treasure chests. Is that what you see as well?
    Counting up your unused packs, used packs, I get 89 as well.
    Everything seems to match up on this end, so I wonder if its a client display issue.
    My notes show 91 packs total opened, including 3 primals. I do indeed have 89 chests.

155 packs received from kickstarter
    25 packs received from another code I redeemed (details in the ticket I submitted)
    3 packs from a 2nd place tournament
    3 packs won spinning Wheels of Fate
    ----
    186 normal booster packs received

3 primal packs from the kickstarter packs (1 guaranteed + 2 more I got from the 155)
    1 primal pack from the 25 packs
    ----
    4 primal packs received

also, 4 completed drafts with free draft tickets = 12 additional packs opened immediately upon creation

76 packs opened by hand (60 opened 10 at a time, and 16 opened one at a time), 110 packs remaining in my inventory (correct amount), should be 76 treasure chests from normal packs

12 packs from draft = 12 treasure chests

3 opened primal packs = 3 legendary treasure chests

76 + 12 + 3 should = 91

but I only have 89 treasure chests

The numbers were all correct until yesterday evening, when I opened the 15 packs referenced in the ticket (10 at once, then 5 one at a time). My totals were correct prior to that, after I finished the last tournament for the day.

I had 76 treasure chests going in, then I opened 10 packs at once, stayed in the store, opened 5 more packs one at a time, then went to my inventory to figure out what chests I got from the packs, and adding it up found I had only gotten 8 chests from the 10-pack.

Exited and re-entered client a few times to verify, saw the chests still weren't adding up, opened the ticket.

How does the logging work on your guys' end... can you see timestamps on the openings, or do you just see total possessed and total opened? Because my count shows that I've opened 91 total packs, including the 3 primals I opened, not 89.
    --ossuary

We have transaction logs of the things you gain and use.
    I only see you ever gaining 184 packs total, which is 2 off what you are claiming.
    Still investigating, but wondering if something along the line displayed wrong for you.
    --
    Hex - Data Hoarder & Mac/Windows builds

Need help?
    Fastest way to resolution: http://support.hextcg.com/

How very strange.

I don't know if Rex mentioned the full details to you, but I spoke to him about this for a few minutes in chat as well. If you look at my card counts, they're also a bit off.

The total number of cards in my collection is 2,156. Not counting the 500 resources everyone starts with on their account, or the 300 cards from my 5 starter decks (4 from King tier, plus the free one every account gets), I have 1,356 other cards in my collection. 6 of those are from Wheels of Fate spins (4x windbourne acolyte AA, and 2 PVP rares). The remaining 1,350 are from opening packs and doing drafts, which total 1350/15 = 90 packs' worth.

So according to your logs, I only opened 89 packs. But according to my collection card counts, I opened 90. And according to my manually tracked records, I should have had 91. All the numbers were correct until last night, when I opened the 15 packs. That's when the counts went bad. Prior to that, my card total was correct and my treasure chest count was also correct.

It looks to me like when I opened the 10 packs, it sent a message to the server to remove 10 packs from my inventory, but when the contents were being generated, somehow it only ended up giving me 9 packs of cards and 8 treasure chests. Is that even possible? Could a lag spike or some other data loss cause the items to be removed from my inventory without producing contents?

The only possible culprit of messing up the pack counts that I can think of would be the Wheels of Fate spins. We know that those can cause a display bug with the prizes so that the counts are off. But I always exit the client and log back in when I finish spinning the Wheels because of that, to verify that my counts are correct (also to see if I got a primal pack ). I did win 1 booster pack yesterday, earlier in the day, but my pack counts still matched up at that time when I exited and went back in. I spun WoF a few times after I finished the last tournament yesterday afternoon, but didn't get any packs then:

52. 500 gold, no spins (1 gold icon, 1 red icon)
    52. fail (3 mismatched red icons)
    53. PVP rare (Kindling Skarn) +paid spin
    54. fail (2 red icons)

After I did those spins from the 5K gold from my last tournament, my counts were still correct when I quit playing. Then later in the evening when I logged back in and opened the 15 packs is when things went off.

Honestly, I find this whole thing intriguing more than anything else. It's a mystery.
    --ossuary