Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Resource Screw

I liked the system in WoW TCG with quests :P
    http://www.gamerpet.com/images/signature.jpg
    I am PET and my goal is to create honest gaming content on my YouTube and Website. I'm also a live streamer with the goal on entertaining other people while providing them with my honest opinion.

www.GamerPET.com - www.youtube.com/gamerpet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesbudt View Post
    I love the difficulty and thought required to put a deck together knowing that you have to build smart with the resources.

I don't mind a change if it's needed (but it shouldn't) but not joking ideaa like that.
    Karma is a beatch. I just lost in the 1st round of a draft in game 3. I was running 17 shards in a 40 card deck. I had to mulligan to 4. In the 7,6,5, or even 4 draws I had 1 or fewer shards in each draw.

So how was that fun to sit there and lose like that? What difficult deck building challenge did I fail to meet? How was I not "smart" with my resources.....

The resource system isn't changing.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    The resource system isn't changing.
    Well lets see how the litigation resolves. I am against the law suit, but if it improves the resource system its at least a silver lining in my book.

The resource system is the weakest of all the points of contention. A much larger worry is the 5 colours +artifact issue.

I still think we should get ancient/primordial magic as amber shards, with a heavy focus on rituals, ancient magic, and extinct monsters coming back to life.

But I am biased, because I want an orange colour
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by FreyOrvar View Post
    Well lets see how the litigation resolves. I am against the law suit, but if it improves the resource system its at least a silver lining in my book.
    Any change to the resource system will not be an improvement.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyOrvar View Post
    There have been lots of good ideas in various forum posts about changing the very random nature of mana screw that affects too many games and frustrates a lot of players.

The literal response has been, "Magic has done it this way for 20+ years, don't change it, some of us like it this way."

Now that the suit is a real thing, if CZE came out and included changing the mana system as some changes to help with the litigation, how would you feel about it? The game is still in beta, so even a change to the mana system is reasonable.

How would you feel abut it now?
    What changes to the mana system would you suggest?

A "land deck" and a "spell deck" to start your turn, draw from either? Or someone's idea about having the computer keep the land draws within 2 standard deviations of average? Or having the computer ensure you have x number of lands in your hand based on the number in your deck? etc.... I like the ideas that utilize the digital nature fo the HEX that you couldn't do in a paper version.

Basically my question is do you think changing the land/mana system in HEX is a good idea considering the lawsuit and has the lawsuit made you feel there needs to be more differences between magic and HEX.

I know "The charge power already is a different and the the threshold is different"
    I think changing the resource system is a bad Idea.

Legally, it's already the most obvious place where hex is different from Magic so no real gain there.

Gameplay wise... well this get a bit complicated and it depends a lot on where you stand on the friendly to new players vs competitive e-sport spectrum. Me I think the randomness is a good thing. And Hex already gives us the tools to mitigate screw and will likely give us even more in future sets.

However, I'll say that no one has proposed an alternative to hex's existing system that I would agree is unambiguously better (they typically cause other problems, of just shift the randomness to drawing cards on-curve instead of drawing resources).

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Any change to the resource system will not be an improvement.
    Why are people so against making the resource system more fair? Even a minor change such as a free mulligan if you have no lands or all lands would be miles better then what we have now.

The Transcended
    I'd be good with some sort of digital-only variant on what we have now that preserves the feel while mitigating the screw/flood a bit. Like having a resource weave, with 1-sigma variation tacked on.

At the end of the day though, CZE ain't gonna change it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
    Why are people so against making the resource system more fair? Even a minor change such as a free mulligan if you have no lands or all lands would be miles better then what we have now.
    Any resource system that is the same for both players is 'fair'. It isn't like one person is getting 0/2 a turn for doing nothing, while the other is getting 0/0 every other turn - screw exists, on both sides, but the chances are equal for both players.

The largest reason to be against it though, is the massive amount of design that is based off the resource system, and changing it could put development back by 6 months at least (and people are already upset by 'delays' with the AH and PvE.)

It is literally more feasible to change the sizes of decks, the roles of the shards, add more shards, or any number of things.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png