Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheels of Fate Red 3 Heart Bug

Quote Originally Posted by S117 View Post
    A person could theoretically buy a pack just for the opportunity to get a good chest and a good spin on the WOF. I'd argue that's a horrible investment, sure, but it is something a person may decide to buy packs based on.
    No "theoretically" about it. I've opened hundreds of packs to farm common chests to roll them for prizes. The AH will make my life much easier.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    The AH will make my life much easier.
    I know right? And, though further off, PvE to farm gold.
    Though at least the AH will let me sell some stuff for gold to roll my chests (still have 10+ legendary chests to roll...30k apiece...owie).

Quote Originally Posted by S117 View Post
    I know right? And, though further off, PvE to farm gold.
    Though at least the AH will let me sell some stuff for gold to roll my chests (still have 10+ legendary chests to roll...30k apiece...owie).
    Unless we're rolling in Gold Scrooge McDuck style, I don't think rolling Legendary chests will ever be worth it. Better to roll rare chests and look for the double upgrade. Looks like single upgrades are twice as common as double upgrades, but you can roll 3.4 Rare chests for that 30K. Seems like the best strategy to me.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

The thing is, no one needs to roll their chests right now. It's not going to be wiped, those chests, and your gold, will sit there indefinitely. I see no advantage to rolling them now, in the early stages of beta, when there are definitely bugs. As far as I'm aware, there are no special early-beta prizes that will disappear (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). If anyone is bothered about the fact that the rewards could well bug out right now - just save your chests until we're further along.

Bugged or not, I'm having fun rolling those chests. Always cool when I get an alternate art card!

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    Unless we're rolling in Gold Scrooge McDuck style, I don't think rolling Legendary chests will ever be worth it. Better to roll rare chests and look for the double upgrade. Looks like single upgrades are twice as common as double upgrades, but you can roll 3.4 Rare chests for that 30K. Seems like the best strategy to me.
    Actually, single upgrades seem to be about 4 times as much as double upgrades (12% vs 3% - see here). As 4*8500 = 34000, spending 30k on Legendary chest spins is not unreasonable.