Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Are permanent PvE bonuses Kickstarter exclusive?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendakor View Post
    2x 10% is the same as 20%. Two rolls on the table is better if you can actually get two items, but otherwise they are mathematically identical.
    Isn't it actually lower? I thought there was some equation for this and the result ended up somewhere between the high number and the low number. Haven't done math in forever though, so I could be way off base.

    It does give you two chances (and potentially two hits?) on a rare item though, much like lucking out with multiple primals in a small number of packs.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  2. #22
    Wow, you're second roll has a 200% chance for loot. I wonder if that means you'll actually get 3 items.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

  3. #23
    One event given two independent 10% chances to happen do not equate to a single chance at 20%. You'll have an 81% chance for nothing to occur (.9*.9), a 18% chance for one event to occur (.9*.1 + .1 * .9), and a 1% chance for the event to occur twice (.1 * .1).

    "2x 10%" is not the same as 20%, much in the same way that 2x 75% is not the same as 150%.

    Even if the events are not independent (as in, you can only get one event to occur), the only difference is that the 1% chance for the event to occur twice will instead be counted as a chance for the event to occur once. Hence, it will be a 19% chance for the drop to occur, not 20%.
    Last edited by Kilo24; 05-25-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Keep Name: Shalott
    Proud member of Clan Blackblade.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo24 View Post
    One event given two independent 10% chances to happen do not equate to a single chance at 20%. You'll have an 81% chance for nothing to occur (.9*.9), a 18% chance for one event to occur (.9*.1 + .1 * .9), and a 1% chance for the event to occur twice (.1 * .1).

    "2x 10%" is not the same as 20%, much in the same way that 2x 75% is not the same as 150%.

    Even if the events are not independent (as in, you can only get one event to occur), the only difference is that the 1% chance for the event to occur twice will instead be counted as a chance for the event to occur once. Hence, it will be a 19% chance for the drop to occur, not 20%.
    For those of you that don't "trust the math" on this one, there's a fairly easy way to explain why you need to subtract that 1%: It exists twice in the table.

    What's the chances of getting at least 1 heads out of two coins? 3/4, obviously. The reason you have to subtract that 25% is because one of the cases is being counted twice.

    Code:
    Coin 1 | Coin 2
       T       T
       H       T
       T       H
       H       H
    If you take the cases individually, coin 1 matches on cases 2 and 4, and coin 2 matches on cases 3 and 4. If you blindly added these cases together, you would end up with cases 2, 3, 4, and 4. Note that 4 was included twice. This is why you have to subtract the "and" case when computing the probability.
    Matthew Del Buono
    Master Judge
    "Everybody knew it was impossible, until someone turned up who didn't know that."

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    This is completely wrong. You get 2 rolls on the loot table and keep both items.
    As a DC backer, this was also my understanding. I even PM'd CZE to get clarification prior to backing to make sure my understanding was correct.

    For the record (and most likely no one cares!), I am good with consumables that are similar. Makes good sense to sell at the store (it is a MMO afterall).

    Happy gaming folks!
    Taleisin

  6. #26
    I hope to see consumables so that people aren't left out in the cold, but in all honesty, if this game is any kind of success at all, the KS backers with these rewards will be such a small percentage of the player base that I doubt the vast majority will know or care about it.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

  7. #27
    I certainly don't mind if the buffs are made into consumables the more the merrier and all that.

    I guess if enough backers care about them having the only permanent buffs you can always make a give 100% drop rate for 24 hrs. with a 48hr. cooldown or something of the sorts.

    I personally want more loot on the AH but everyone has their own priorities.

  8. #28
    Heck, let KS backers bottle up 24 hours of their buff and throw it on the AH for all I care. I'd rather not see the exact same consumable as KS perks, but similar power level, not stackable buffs that would overwrite your KS buff during its effect I could probably get behind.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

  9. #29
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    CZE has at least one PvE mode in mind where KS buffs won't matter. Even Producers will be on the same ground as everyone else. They were still working out particulars when I was at the office talking about it with Kevin, but it seems pretty brilliant. Hint: They're taking advantage of the genre-fusion (TCG+MMO) to port ideas across from PvP into PvE.

  10. #30
    If they make a consumable that does not stack with the ks perks I personally would be quite upset.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •