Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Are permanent PvE bonuses Kickstarter exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    They have said they will never sell anything but platinum, booster packs, and starter decks so buying buffs from them would be a no go (plus that is exactly what they wanted to avoid according to cory)
    Sorry, bad wording on my part. I shouldn't have said "buying them from the game" but rather "obtaining them from the game" to better encompass crafting, questing, buying from PNJ with gold (which I don't know will exist), or any other "automated" way.

Once again, it does not need to be that way, it is just compatible with how the other tiers are handled right now.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZillahEnoch View Post
    Well, from a purely rational standpoint, comparing to the only "reliable" information we have on tiers behavior (i.e. the PvP tiers), bonus from the PvE tiers should be :

- Available to other players, either via buying them from the game (as you can buy drafts from the store) or from the players with access to those tiers (as you can buy AA cards from a player with a Collector)

- Stackable with any "replacement" that is available to other players (as a Pro player buying a draft ends up with 2 drafts or a Collector buying the Collector promos ends up with two sets of them).

Now this is just very basic reasoning and by no means the only fair way to do things, but I feel it would be pretty fair for everybody anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZillahEnoch View Post
    Sorry, bad wording on my part. I shouldn't have said "buying them from the game" but rather "obtaining them from the game" to better encompass crafting, questing, buying from PNJ with gold (which I don't know will exist), or any other "automated" way.

Once again, it does not need to be that way, it is just compatible with how the other tiers are handled right now.
    This is the fairest response I have seen in this thread. Kudos ZillahEnoch.

Gigantisaur
    I remember it being specifically stated that you would have no way to acquire similar time limited forms of the PVE buffs that the KS backers purchased.

You will never have a shot at something directly similar to em.

Still they could create other things or systems, hell I'd think consumable would be another gold sink that they would be interested in tinkering out eventually.

Have CZE ever stated they intend to add consumables/buffs to the game, or did you guys just take someone's random suggestion then run with it for 7 pages?
    Watch me on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by eioi View Post
    [snip] The People with the PVE-ks-buff wouldnt be able to use the other PVE buffs if availible if they dont stack so they would be left out. [snip]
    So all together the PVE-ks-buffs would lose in value cause from the wording you would think that is a extra bonus (like the free weekly Draft for life) and not something you maybe replace.
    I never said it would replace it. Its a permanent buff according to the kickstarter. If it was a replaceable effect, by definition, it wouldn't be permanent, it would be toggleable.

What I was suggest was having craftables/consumables, that give bonuses on par with the kickstarter. For example, a Dungeoneer buff that gives a player an additional roll on loot tables for a single dungeon run. For a normal player, it puts them on par with the KS backers, that player just has to put some work in to do it, and by doing so, get to be equal for only a single dungeon, to someone who didn't have to do anything. Meanwhile if the KS backer did it, they would get even more loot, and still be at an advantage, so while the gap between KS backers and new players narrows, the KS backers always have a slight edge.

I'm not saying to make the KS backing pointless. I'm saying to make it just what all the other KS backing options did. Put you ahead of everyone else, and let you play more, without actually giving you an unfair advantage while no one else in the game has a way to catch up. Even the Lotus is tradeable, to keep it from being "These players are automatically better"

Quote Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
    I remember it being specifically stated that you would have no way to acquire similar time limited forms of the PVE buffs that the KS backers purchased.
    That was the Spectral Lotus Garden, where the rewards page specifically states that gardens will be unobtainable after the KS ends. If it was said anywhere else about other things, I sure haven't seen it. Plus it doesn't make sense. Never being able to obtain promos? Sure, I can understand that. But never even being able to obtain something similar to a pretty generic buff? Highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendakor View Post
    Have CZE ever stated they intend to add consumables/buffs to the game, or did you guys just take someone's random suggestion then run with it for 7 pages?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9TsHWtT2-w
    He mentioned it in that interview, that Consumables will be a craftable thing. But we don't know what they actually do, or what they are. They could be a card type, for all we know.

Keep Name: Slein
    Guild: Clan Blackblade
    I am a designer by heart, so expect me to shout out half baked ideas at a moments notice.