Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement: Don't Be A Dick!

Public Service Announcement: Don't Be A Dick!

So, on my way to my latest tournament win I ran into a bunch of dickish behaviors. Some examples:

1. Pumping up a Mesmerized (and exhausted and useless) Living Totem repeatedly, presumably just to waste my clock in the third match
    2. Using Runic Monolith 2 turns in a row even after I'd pointed out that it was bugged and that that would be exploiting
    3. Casting Inquisition on a 1 resource hand and letting 45 seconds tick off MY clock while you decide which card to discard. Pro tip - you weren't looking at ANY cards = no decision.

Don't be a dick!

And, if you're really need to be, I'm probably not the best target.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    So, on my way to my latest tournament win I ran into a bunch of dickish behaviors. Some examples:

1. Pumping up a Mesmerized (and exhausted and useless) Living Totem repeatedly, presumably just to waste my clock in the third match
    2. Using Runic Monolith 2 turns in a row even after I'd pointed out that it was bugged and that that would be exploiting
    3. Casting Inquisition on a 1 resource hand and letting 45 seconds tick off MY clock while you decide which card to discard. Pro tip - you weren't looking at ANY cards = no decision.

Don't be a dick!

And, if you're really need to be, I'm probably not the best target.
    The first two could be lack of comprehension (using benefit of the doubt), but the last point has been specifically mentioned repeatedly as a known and bannable abuse.

I hope you didn't take it easy on him Colin, because that warrants a report.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I don't agree with #1. There are ways it could still be useful (getting readied by an external effect, or bounced and replayed). Even if he didn't have any, he doesn't have to let you know that. So continuing to pump it was the correct play, and not a dickmove.

Colin, I really thought you out of all people, would never let the games design and bugs get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    The first two could be lack of comprehension (using benefit of the doubt), but the last point has been specifically mentioned repeatedly as a known and bannable abuse.

I hope you didn't take it easy on him Colin, because that warrants a report.
    I'd pointed the second one out in chat and he definitely saw it (he responded).

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    Colin, I really thought you out of all people, would never let the games design and bugs get to you.
    I didn't. I played my games and won. Just reminding folks.

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    I don't agree with #1. There are ways it could still be useful (getting readied by an external effect, or bounced and replayed). Even if he didn't have any, he doesn't have to let you know that. So continuing to pump it was the correct play, and not a dickmove.
    I'll give you that there could have been an edge case where it was useful. But I'd seen most of his deck over 3 games and he'd used the only card that would have helped (Buccaneer). He was still doing it with no cards in hand and guaranteed lethal damage next turn.

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

I know you made a joke with your last statement, but if people really need to be a dick, they should bugger off and do something else.

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Yeah, I've definitely lost 3-5 games against people using the monolith even after they acknowledged in chat that it should currently be exhausted... Sad times.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Quote Originally Posted by Kroan View Post
    I know you made a joke with your last statement, but if people really need to be a dick, they should bugger off and do something else.
    Agreed!

I'll give you that there could have been an edge case where it was useful. But I'd seen most of his deck over 3 games and he'd used the only card that would have helped (Buccaneer). He was still doing it with no cards in hand and guaranteed lethal damage next turn.
    One of the things I've learned from many years of TCG experience is the importance of repetition of good habits. If you don't do something because it probably doesn't matter this time, you're more likely to forget to do it when it does matter.

1. Using Runic Monolith 2 turns in a row even after I'd pointed out that it was bugged and that that would be exploiting
    i'd rather lost than to exploit a bug knowing it exist. at least we only have 2 to 3 days to wait until bugs like this are fixed