Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Set 2 Shattered Destiny

Tunneling sounds like playing creatures face down to me, maybe only giving away casting cost or threshold and they are only turned face up once they deal damage to anything - be it another troop or another player.
    The timing is absolutely right though, we'll need a fresh set every few month to keep things, well, fresh Set 1 is fantastic and I still enjoy drafting a lot but you can't deny that queuing times have increased quite a bit over the last weeks, so w000t@new set

Is anyone else concerned about limited queues suddenly jumping in price as I was hoping for 6 months to whittle through my set 1 packs? Think they would be so kind as to leave 3 x 001 queues up?

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    Tunneling sounds like playing creatures face down to me, maybe only giving away casting cost or threshold and they are only turned face up once they deal damage to anything - be it another troop or another player.
    The timing is absolutely right though, we'll need a fresh set every few month to keep things, well, fresh Set 1 is fantastic and I still enjoy drafting a lot but you can't deny that queuing times have increased quite a bit over the last weeks, so w000t@new set
    Queue times have increased because everyone is waiting on a REAL content patch. Like one that allows us to trade, and purchase cards. Times are lower because people don't want to engage as much time until a more polished product is available. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my drafting myself. But I'm not playing nearly as much as I will once more is available.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

This kinda pisses me off. I haven't played much yet because I wanted my main play time to be after full release. Now the game isn't even fully out yet, in litigation and not feature complete and there is a second set I have to worry about? Can't something finish first?
    Pro Player Backer

I think are doing things very hurry... now, unless if PvE-AH-trading is really close (but really close, this or next week).
    Grand King Tier Supporter
    IGN: Matsu

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    This kind of game relies on new sets every few months to keep things fresh. Plus, they need to make money and I'm guessing that they won't be selling much Set 1 once trading is in and due to the KS supply it becomes a lot cheaper to buy packs from the AH than the store.

So I think the timing is about right. They'll probably be launching open beta around the same time as well.
    The general point that new sets drive interest is certainly correct, though interest should be in the tournament queues, not in the store.

"Smart" players never buy from the store, except maybe in the first week of a new set while you scramble to get your Constructed cards. After the initial rush, Constructed tournaments are the "correct" place to be spawning boosters, which then get sold on the AH. When Constructed and Draft fire 1:1, you have perfect symbiosis (Draft consumes a net of 12 packs per go--24 in, 12 out--and Constructed provides 12 packs per go). The other "correct" place to buy is VIP.

Which is not to say that no one will buy packs at the store, just that I personally would never do so. Because I'm "smart" (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4).

As for "needing" set 2, since CZE makes its money on tournament and AH fees, NOT the store, then as long as tournaments are firing off nicely it really doesn't matter whether they introduce set 2 for a while.

Also, what are the odds that the now standard "This will take longer than we thought..." realization will put back release?

Gigantisaur
    Two sockets !
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Quote Originally Posted by successfulgeek View Post
    This kinda pisses me off. I haven't played much yet because I wanted my main play time to be after full release. Now the game isn't even fully out yet, in litigation and not feature complete and there is a second set I have to worry about? Can't something finish first?
    You chose not to play. Thats on you. Everyone else has already been playing this for months, and even the newer people will have been playing for months in the same set by August. You really think it is fair on those people to be force to wait so long for new, interesting, and compelling gameplay? Nope.

To everyone else who is inexplicably so negative - new players wont be as worried about new sets as they will by having an abandoned game. CZE need to keep player loyalty, and you don't do that by being stagnant and boring. Besides, any progress is going to make the game more appealing. Sitting in a rut is going to turn people off.

This is a very positive and exciting thing. If someone finds this to be a dealbreaker, thats on them, but most players are going to be super hyped.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    As for "needing" set 2, since CZE makes its money on tournament and AH fees, NOT the store, then as long as tournaments are firing off nicely it really doesn't matter whether they introduce set 2 for a while.
    Wait wait...the AH is a PLATINUM sink? Like...e-bay style "give us 20 cents to post an item" AH?