Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Set 2 Shattered Destiny

Pros:
    My 1 year of free drafts will have the set distribution I expected when I backed.
    We have a nice lineup of set 2 spoilers to keep us busy until PvE is ready.
    Graphic design on the set title is cool.
    CZE isn't holding back content that they have ready for us.

Cons:
    That's more cards I have to collect before I have a good way of earning stuff in game.
    Name, while cool, is a little too synonymous with "Shards of Fate"

I'll admit that while this is great news, it also slightly bothers me that we have barely any information on PvE for the most part - let alone Set 2 PvE information.

PvP alone is great and all but it's starting to feel a bit too focused on that front. I realize in actuality, it probably isn't but given the bias in the forum to having so much stuff geared towards PvP advancement (i.e. promos, tournaments, etc.), it definitely feels that way at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scammanator View Post
    Name, while cool, is a little too synonymous with "Shards of Fate"
    I think that's the whole nature of TCG sets. Related themes per "block". Set three will either play on reuniting or further scattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I'll admit that while this is great news, it also slightly bothers me that we have barely any information on PvE for the most part - let alone Set 2 PvE information.
    Are the sets in PvP and PvE supposed to drop simultaneously? Could we see asynchronous releases in terms of PvP and PvE sets?

This is a TERRIBLE idea.

The game's in paid beta with less than half the advertised features people backed it for and they're already announcing set two? Madness.

I backed this game because of the promise of robust PvE content as did a great many other people. It was one of the main points advertised in the Kickstarter (MMOTCG!) and that doesn't even have a date but we have a new set coming? Talk about disrespectful to your backers Hex... Hell, we can't even trade yet for gods sake... Get your priorities in order? I'm losing faith...

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordmage View Post
    Wait wait...the AH is a PLATINUM sink? Like...e-bay style "give us 20 cents to post an item" AH?
    Correct. Last answer from Chark was 3 to 5% range, plus (possibly) listing fees. I'm personally hoping they ditch the listing fees idea; it kills market liquidity.
    Last edited by Yoss; 06-10-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmage View Post
    Are the sets in PvP and PvE supposed to drop simultaneously? Could we see asynchronous releases in terms of PvP and PvE sets?
    The assumption is it's supposed to match on par considering in the past they stated that PvP/PvE cards should be around equal strength. Not to mention the number of cards in PvP and PvE were supposedly very close 300-350 each.

If they start increasing PvP over PvE, PvE is going to gradually seem like the afterthought or a tacked on component rather than the actual focus of the game. Especially when PvP cards are usable in PvE.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    You chose not to play. Thats on you. Everyone else has already been playing this for months, and even the newer people will have been playing for months in the same set by August. You really think it is fair on those people to be force to wait so long for new, interesting, and compelling gameplay? Nope.

To everyone else who is inexplicably so negative - new players wont be as worried about new sets as they will by having an abandoned game. CZE need to keep player loyalty, and you don't do that by being stagnant and boring. Besides, any progress is going to make the game more appealing. Sitting in a rut is going to turn people off.

This is a very positive and exciting thing. If someone finds this to be a dealbreaker, thats on them, but most players are going to be super hyped.
    Like I said. I agree As a generality. But in this scenario where our rut is because of the inability to use key features in a card game, not because of the set itself, since realistically, even those of us with pro player tiers and above don't have the constructed decks we want yet completed fully, we haven't even had the opportunity to really to compete in the constructed format yet for set 1 outside of alpha. I mean, heck, were JUST NOW getting tournaments bigger than eight man pods in the next patch (assuming it isn't pushed back). That's my worry. That they're stacking their lunch plate too high and they won't have time to eat it, or they'll trip and spill it on the floor. Late September or October would have probably been a more realistic timeline based on how they've released so far.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

You are right. It is my choice. And it's my choice to be pissed about it too since the game again, isn't feature complete. If it had most of the features they promised, then I could understand more sets to build more interest, but how can they properly test pve against one set when before the pve stuff comes out they already have a second set. Do they keep pushing pve back then?
    Pro Player Backer

I tend to agree that they should not release set 2 until after open beta.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.