Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Set 2 Shattered Destiny

Gigantisaur

Set 2 Shattered Destiny

Last edited by hammer; 06-10-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Master Theorycrafter
    Can't tell if CZE is serious. I mean, we can't even trade cards yet. Pve hasn't been released. The keep system isn't anywhere, and the game is still in closed beta...and they intend on releasing a second set??? Is that their way of saying, "hey, open beta, august"? This seems way too rushed to be a good idea.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Do we have any guesses on tunneling? Sounds like maybe you can put them into play attacking after blockers are declared or something like that?

It does seem a funny time to be expanding, but I shall make the baseless assumption this indicates PvE might be closer than expected...

@ cferejohn
    Maybe - but only if they are restricted to only attacking blockers, otherwise it's just a direct damage spell with a troop attached.
    Being played as a quick action is only a minor gem ability, so it wouldn't throw out troop costs any more than flying, etc.
    Last edited by Vorsa; 06-10-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarien View Post
    Can't tell if CZE is serious. I mean, we can't even trade cards yet. Pve hasn't been released. The keep system isn't anywhere, and the game is still in closed beta...and they intend on releasing a second set??? Is that their way of saying, "hey, open beta, august"? This seems way too rushed to be a good idea.
    This kind of game relies on new sets every few months to keep things fresh. Plus, they need to make money and I'm guessing that they won't be selling much Set 1 once trading is in and due to the KS supply it becomes a lot cheaper to buy packs from the AH than the store.

So I think the timing is about right. They'll probably be launching open beta around the same time as well.

Gigantisaur
    Pure speculation - prereslease at gencon anyone?
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Gigantisaur
    They better have a time machine hidden somewhere and have the full game ready by then, otherwise Hex will never get any new players with many sets out when Hex leaves Beta...
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Pure speculation - prereslease at gencon anyone?
    I imagine all 20 (?) previews will be from set 2 now, since PvE ones would rather give away story elements - unless any interviews about PvE are impending!

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    This kind of game relies on new sets every few months to keep things fresh. Plus, they need to make money and I'm guessing that they won't be selling much Set 1 once trading is in and due to the KS supply it becomes a lot cheaper to buy packs from the AH than the store.

So I think the timing is about right. They'll probably be launching open beta around the same time as well.
    Normally I would totally agree. A normal tcg needs sets. But that's a finished one. Not one that has half of its features unreleased. I just expected there to be an opportunity for new players to come in for a few months and play set 1 before set 2 is released. And jumping into set 2 without pve would be a poor decision for the healthy development of the game and it's ability to attract a huge audience that we don't want to alienate because they're already behind before the game kicks off.
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiany View Post
    They better have a time machine hidden somewhere and have the full game ready by then, otherwise Hex will never get any new players with many sets out when Hex leaves Beta...
    Exactly.