Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Be warned

Master Theorycrafter
    I interpreted that as my money being converted automatically in the transaction process, which is likely what is still happening. That's weird when you're buying an American product that's made two states to the south of you.

Nah, if your money were being converted you'd be paying more than 1$ = 100p from a conversion charge. You're getting exactly the expected value for the price.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Master Theorycrafter
    Um, or they are just calculating the currency exchange to keep the USD price steady. We're sending the money to a German company using a german website. I'd be very surprised if conversion was not occurring.

You'd know if anything other than usd was leaving your bank account. If usd is leaving your bank account that is literally all that matters. If GF is converting usd to euro after you give them usd that's their business. Any US company can do that, too.
    ----

Master Theorycrafter
    The original point is that it is weird and it made CZE seem weird. But now that the prices aren't blatantly listed in Euros, most people won't notice.

Oy, this troll again.

I understand that it was this guys fault, and a bad decision to use his actual phone number, but I can't believe HEX wants to be associated with something like this. I don't think anyone can honestly say that being associated with this doesn't delegitimize the game to some degree...

I can honestly say that the few positive threads that exist on this topic made me realize that there are people who need things like it to play. And I want the game in the hands of as many people as possible.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    As far as the harassment from your information being sold by 3rd-parties completely unrelated to CZE/HexEnt, it is technically not their problem either. As for who provides the service for free platinum? That would be GameForge through their payment partners - the only thing CZE/HexEnt might have failed in this regard is not having that option removed.
    While I agree with you, I cant blame others for not seeing it that way. By doing business with them, you are essentially 'vouching' for them. When a customer gets screwed over or scammed by this BS, Hex DOES look bad, regardless of them not being the ones directly scamming.

Ive spent close to $600 on this game from backing + platinum purchase, and I love this game enough to practically label myself a fanboy, but I still cant completely give Hex a pass on this one. If you need them at this point, fine, but I surely hope as soon as possible you cut ties with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasari View Post

Anywho, I don't like the service either, but there have been quite a few people who have been happy to use it. Phoenix is the only major case against it right now and the way he acts doesn't help his case..
    I'd have to disagree. I've been against Sponsorpay from day one and if you google sponsorpay scams it's a big issue on other games. The problem is that a lot of the sponsors are NOT legitimate.

I have been assured that the services linked to "free" platinum are trusted providers and should be fine, clearly if we find out that is not the case we will discontinue it immediately. Also, that platinum isn't free, the sponsor pays for it, so it ends up back in the HEX ecosystem.
    Which brings me to this post by Cory where he claims that the services linked to free platinum are trusted providers and should be fine.

To be brutally honest I feel Sponsorpay will bring down the image of Hex far more than any lawsuit by Hasbro ever will, it just cheapens the experience and new players will think it's some free to play crap game with really really shady partners.

That was Cory on 4/29/14, either they've deemed these shady as hell companies to be legitimate(in which case blaming the user for getting spammed/harassed is BS) or they've redefined the term immediately
    I advocate for removing the deck and instead have a picture of boobs and each turn Cory's face dunks into them and pulls out a card with his teeth.