Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be warned

Be warned

Use the free platinum offers at your own risk.

I signed up for a huge amount of them, not only did I only get a fraction of what I was supposed to but

I am not being mass harassed by telemarketers, they sold my information to everyone , I am getting over 8 Calls a day from: rental agencies, credit card agencies, senior citizen agencies, people trying to sell me insurance, it goes on and on.

I have and I will say it here, I called my bank and put a dispute for the 50 usd I paid for this joke.

Its the least the company can offer me after the last few weeks of harassment.

Oh and I been getting physical mails to my address too of absolute nonsense from these companies too.

I am now forced to have my phone number changed, remake my email, and possible contact a lawyer to see what my options are.

If I knew I would be harassed and harassed on the clock every single day I would of NEVER signed up for any of these offers.

I just pray no one has my credit card info,m and I don't become a Identity theft victim from this mess.

I'm sorry you continue to have problems with it, but it's your own fault. Putting in a dispute isn't going to help you. Your lawyer can't do a thing for you too, as each offer you did you consented to. I have no pity for people who agree to offers without reading anything including requirements and what they can do with your information.

Thanks for the warning though.

This is why so many people have been complaining about the free platinum offers. I get that they are an option for people who can't afford to spend money on plat and all that, but this kind of stuff can hurt Hex's image really, really badly. People knew this would be the result of them from the day they were posted and once the feedback from them starts to hit more people....yuck.
    Last edited by Thrawn; 06-14-2014 at 02:14 PM.

I'm sorry PhoenixFire. That really sucks man.

Just a heads up since it seems you may need it, those Nigerian Prince emails aren't legit.

As a side note, my phone company waived the fee for me when I had an ex that would not stop harassing me.maybe they will do the same for you.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    This is why so many people have been complaining about the free platinum offers. I get that they are an option for people who can't afford to spend money on plat and all that, but this kind of stuff can hurt Hex's image really, really badly. People know this would be the result of them from the day they were posted and once the feedback from them starts to hit more people....yuck.
    exactly, I really hope Cory will startvto realize this too and remove that from Hex asap.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

Those free offers are pretty horrible. My fiancee looked at them last night, thinking about buying into a draft with some earned plat - as soon as she saw the offers she knew they were bad.

Now, not everyone is as observant as she is, and for that reason I think that the offers should be removed (at least temporarily). Even those who have gotten their plat have been horrified by the amount of phonecalls, emails, and general spam that finds them.

It is not good for the game, it is not good for HexEnt, and it is not good for the players. We already have more reliable ways of earning free plat (thanks to the guys who have brought up more trustworthy methods, like the Bing rewards). Lets just put up some guides for receiving those gift cards for using those trustworthy services, and cut out this cancerous method.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
    This is why so many people have been complaining about the free platinum offers... [Snip]
    It's not so many people, this same guy has made virtually every negative thread about it. There have been positive threads where people explain how to properly utilize these offers. Basically though, if you're an american with a job, they probably aren't for you.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfire View Post
    I have and I will say it here, I called my bank and put a dispute for the 50 usd I paid for this joke.

Its the least the company can offer me after the last few weeks of harassment.
    Sorry to hear about your situation but what you're doing, disputing the USD$50, is technically illegitimate.

Normally:

• Unauthorized charges
    • Charges for goods or services you didnít agree to
    • Charges incurred when your credit card issuer failed to mail your statement to the correct address
    • Charges not properly credited on your account (for example, if you returned an item but the reimbursement wasnít posted to your account)
    • Math errors or charges that have the incorrect amount or date

I don't think you fall into any of those categories but IANAL. I do know that if you make an illegitimate dispute, it will ding your credit score though.

As far as the harassment from your information being sold by 3rd-parties completely unrelated to CZE/HexEnt, it is technically not their problem either. As for who provides the service for free platinum? That would be GameForge through their payment partners - the only thing CZE/HexEnt might have failed in this regard is not having that option removed.

Sad to see you go but the problem you have is not with the game itself nor CZE/HexEnt directly.