Thread: PVE / Entrath 'Locations'

Time Bug

PVE / Entrath 'Locations'

Not sure if I missed it but have they announced what the purpose of these pretty panorama locations is...?

They remind me a little of the town screen in the Heroes of Might & Magic series.

They're the environment you see when you're playing the PvE campaign. There'll be clickable locations in the panoramas that represent NPCs, puzzle games, and probably paths to other dungeons, raids, and other pve locations.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Actually, the panoramas are city hubs, where you'll have shops and get quests. The dungeons are different, usually laid out like a map from what we've seen so far (granted, that could have changed or there may be special dungeons whose layouts / interface work totally differently).
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Infernal Professor
    Yeah they could have used some context with the video, I know that I felt about the same way, that it reminded me a lot of a HoMM city. All of the art we've seen is phenomenal, I just think that an article along the lines of the type we got during the Kickstarter would have been nice to accompany the update (and perhaps reside on the front page afterward) would have made that a much more interesting update. I can't be sure, but people might have been a lot more excited over that update and perhaps a little more receptive to the set 2 announcement if they had the proper context in which to frame that video. As it is it's pretty, but exactly what you're looking at is kind of a mystery.

If I recall correctly they are training grounds for PvE Champions...the ones where you choose the race and class on. At least that's the info to the best of my memory for 10 months ago or so.

Yeah its definately city hubs which act abit like an interactive menu for shops, npcs, etc and world building.

Would be cool if they are used for other areas like raid encounter intros and story choices.